Old 08-15-2015, 03:17 PM   #11
Senior Member - Retired
The operative word is "should" be located on the roof. On our Georgetown the antenna was behind the dashboard. The dealer relocated the antenna to the lower right corner of the windshield and when that did not work relocated it to the upper right corner of the windshield. That enabled the radio to work properly, but only in certain directions of travel. I told the dealer to install the antenna on the roof where it belongs. That cured the problems.

John & Gloria Hunsaker FROG Member CA-0030-988
2014 Georgetown XL 334QS (class A with 4 slides)
2013 Smart Car TOAD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:09 PM   #12
Thanks everyone, we were able to locate it and clean off the sealant and it is working now. Thanks again.

mur9335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #13
I've been having the same issues. The sealant is applied in a very messy manner up there. About 20% of my XM antenna was covered. I removed the excess, and am now waiting to see if the problem is resolved. Having put 3k miles on my 2016 MBS I am finding out there were a lot of shortcuts taken in design and assembly. Very little quality control, which is sad.
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #14
Originally Posted by mur9335 View Post
Thanks everyone, we were able to locate it and clean off the sealant and it is working now. Thanks again.
Today makes 2 weeks of owning our 2401W MBS....too many problems to even mention

I hope this fixed your problem.....when we located our XM tuner the little sticky tape the FR used to 'secure' it had come loose and it was simply hanging in space. Given all of the other poor electrical items we have experienced...we would assume this to be no different.

Our radio:

1. Sub-woofer goes on and off....without intervention.....tried adjusting it numerous times and numerous ways

2. When sub-woofer is on, it sound 'tinny' and is over-bearing....without regards how it is tuned....

3. Speakers on the passenger side of the coach do not work.

An entire list of problems with the GPS....for another time.

Beach Bums is offline   Reply With Quote