Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
'79 Bonneville

SiriusXM

We have ordered a new 24R and I understand that Sirius XM capability on the Jensen stereo system is now standard and it includes a one-month free trial subscription. Information I have obtained so far does not assure me that it arrives at the dealer ready to turn on and activate the free trial or a regular subscription.

Has anyone actually purchased one with this feature and had it work as advertised?
bcunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #2

We bought a new 24r a couple of months ago and ours was not set up. Antenna and wiring were in a bag for our installation. We chose to not hook it up.
jngspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #3
'79 Bonneville

We have been told that Sirius radio on the Jensen stereo is now standard and is provided with a one-month free trial Sirius subscription. We understood this to mean we can turn it on and try it out when our 24R arrives at the dealer. The FR web site does not describe this as one of the standard features - i.e. installed and ready-to-use Sirius tuner and antenna so we can pick it up and drive off listening to Sirius radio through the Jensen system.

A Sirius antenna has a 21' wire permanently attached to it and the antenna must be installed on the roof so that it will always have the ability to communicate with the Sirius satellite which will always be at a relatively low angle in the southern sky. The wire from the antenna should follow the same path as the FM antenna wire from the roof down to the rear of the Jensen in the dashboard. Proper installation would require including this wire along with the FM wire in the manufacturing process.

So far, we have been unable to get reliable confirmation that this will be done on the 24R that we have ordered and all the information we have so far indicates that the proper antenna might come with the vehicle but installation will be up to the buyer after delivery. The problem is proper installation is only possible during the manufacturing process when the FM antenna wiring is installed and the antenna must be mounted on the roof permanently in a way that is waterproof.

The information I have so far indicates that the antenna provided by FR is not even the antenna recommended by Jensen. I also have no assurance that the Sirius tuner is installed on the back of the radio or that it is the correct tuner recommended by Jensen.

We need confirmation from FR that we are not going to be burdened with any installation responsibility after delivery to the dealer. Can we get that?
Old 12-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #4

My 2015 R came with a Jensen VM9726BT head unit with Sirius. I do have a Sunseeker MBS though, and I picked it up this past July. Sirius works fine on the one freebie channel they have. I didn't add a subscription yet, and didn't get a free month (I didn't ask, actually). The antenna is up on the roof of the house, over the side door, bedded in Dicor.
khocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcunning View Post
We have been told that Sirius radio on the Jensen stereo is now standard and is provided with a one-month free trial Sirius subscription. We understood this to mean we can turn it on and try it out when our 24R arrives at the dealer.

The information I have so far indicates that the antenna provided by FR is not even the antenna recommended by Jensen. I also have no assurance that the Sirius tuner is installed on the back of the radio or that it is the correct tuner recommended by Jensen.

We need confirmation from FR that we are not going to be burdened with any installation responsibility after delivery to the dealer. Can we get that?
1. This is true and not true. The installation is there...all you need to do is turn it to channel ONE (The preview channel). This will tell you if it is ready to be set up or not. However there is no "free month" The flyer that we ship within the unit is "3 months free" if you sign up. A credit card is required, this is only good in the USA.

2. There is only ONE tuner and antenna that I know of currently from Sirius. The SXV200

3. You should not need to install anything. Just subscribe and you're good to go.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #6
'79 Bonneville

Thank you Mr. Clemens.

We will activate our subscription and cruise on down the road listening to channel 61.

This is certainly an improvement on the 24M that we traded in where I had to buy the tuner and antenna, remove the radio that was improperly installed making it nearly impossible to remove, glue the antenna to the roof and run the antenna wire down to the back of the radio and put it all back together before we could listen to SiriusXM.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Well, it was never supposed to be XM ready to begin with and once it was it caused so much confusion we just figured we better start running the tuner and antenna. Glad it worked out.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote