Old 06-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #1

Slide out w/battery

Yesterday while setting up at the CG, we were working on leveling the Solera. Because I've had issues with the slide throwing off the level before I decided to put it out before hooking everything up. I've used the battery to put it out before with no problems but this time it wouldn't go out under battery power. Worked fine once plugged in. Any ideas what may be wrong? Checked batteries and their fully charged.

hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #2
2012 Solera

Henry - My first thought is to check the battery voltage under load (e.g. slideout being activated) with the unit unplugged and generator off. If battery voltage drops a lot, likely bad batteries. If the battery voltage doesn't change at all, connection problem. Possibly dirty or corroded battery terminal or ground wire connection?
Good luck - Jim

JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #3

Thanks Jim

I'll give that a try when I get home tomorrow.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Yesterday while setting up at the CG, we were working on leveling the Solera. Because I've had issues with the slide throwing off the level before I decided to put it out before hooking everything up. I've used the battery to put it out before with no problems but this time it wouldn't go out under battery power. Worked fine once plugged in. Any ideas what may be wrong? Checked batteries and their fully charged.
You might also try spraying some dry lube on the plastic rub bar, to minimize the friction as much as possible, if what jim said, that will decrease the draw load incase your batts are on the way out.

Tags
battery, slide, slide out