Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #1

slideout

We have a 2014 Solera S. Since day one the slide has made horrible noise going in and out even tearing up the floor. Forest River has been good about paying for repairs (4 Times) but the problem does not go away.

Forest River is now going to have the unit transported back to the factory and replace the room.

This is all good except we again are without our motorhome and can't go see our grandchildren during their summer break.

Has anyone else had major issues with their slide. Do the all make loud noise when going in and out?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Dave
Part time
2012-present
groupleaderpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
2012 Solera

Many of us have had serious slide out issues - including me. On our 2012 Solera "S" the slide out motor mount broke off. Still, I did not experience what you are describing and don't remember any similar slide out posts involving a Solera "S".
From your description, sounds like something is dragging when you run the slide in or out. Surprised the dealer hasn't found and fixed - although I found my dealer not very good at trouble shooting - I identified the problem after total failure (after having earlier highlighted the poor slide operation to the dealer twice) and had an independent RV repair shop fix it (Forest River reimbursed me under warranty).
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:51 PM   #3

Thanks. We did take it back to the dealer twice then FR gave us name of independent shop who is very good, but either factory somehow missed the slide problems or the dealer messed it up when they "fixed" it the first time. Either way I will give FR credit for trying. Our main issue is lack of being able to use the mh.
Thanks for your info. Does your room jerk when it is going in and out?
Part time
2012-present
Old 05-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #4

i to have slide issues .bought a new 2015 23ikss roo, picked it up on a Saturday in late April rolled the slide in and out a couple of times to get the feel of things. the DW went to open it then the loud grinding started. noticed everything was out of alignment. took it back to the dealer on the Tuesday,s been there ever since .they said it would be ready for this longe weekend. turned out to be a bigger issue. they are ordering new gear sprockets and a news rail . had to cancel our first maiden voyage this weekend not very happyhttp://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/images/smilies/crying.gif
muskoka01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #5
2012 Solera

No, our slide goes in and out smoothly. Motor lugs down as the slide steps up to clear the floor when coming in, then proceeds more quickly - no jerking. Speeds up going down the "step" going out. Again, speed changes but all motion is smooth and jerk free.
Good luck with yours.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:18 AM   #6

We have a 2015 Solera 24S. Operating the slide kept blowing fuses. The attached photo shows adjustment bolts on the outside of the slide. Happened to try them and found them to be loose so I contacted the factory. I was told to simply tighten the bolt down so it touches the bottom surface of the bracket. Then, tighten the lock nut so the bolt doesn't move. Haven't blown a fuse after that. Take a look ... might be a simple fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adjusterBolt2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	77525  
MiataHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #7

Thanks for the pic. The unit has been in the shop four times and it seems that the factory left things inside-underneath and everything is really fouled up.
The good news is that the factory seems to be really concerned and our unit was picked up yesterday for delivery back to the factory where they have informed us they are going to replace the entire slide room and motor etc. We will just have to wait and see.
Hope so as we want to head to the North to the grandkids ASAP.
Part time
2012-present

Tags
slide, slide out