Old 11-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #1

solera 2010 pre wired inverter

Does any one know if the inverter pre wired?
Its hard to believe most of the soleras does not come with inverter as standard option

Any one installed one? Please advise

Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Inverter

2 6V AND inverter upgrade

What kind of inverter have you added and why?

Need inverter advice

How big an inverter

What battery inverter setup do you use?

a simple search found these threads .

good luck

TURBS

Old 11-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #3

Thank you so much for your reply ..
I saw these thereads i did search for a month now
Im looking for specific info on the solera if it pre wired if not whre is the best location to install the inverter and what the best max perforance brand recommended

Thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #4
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smggsm View Post
Does any one know if the inverter pre wired?
Its hard to believe most of the soleras does not come with inverter as standard option

Any one installed one? Please advise
It is not prewired, however the batteries are in the step well and the Battery Control Center is there as well. Easily accessible if you or the dealer wanted to install one.

We used to offer inverters and no one ordered them. Most people that did get them wanted them for TV & DVD. So instead we went to 12V TV's and DVD player. Eliminated the cost of the inverter and simplified the process. Depending on what you want to run, you can get a 12V plug in style inverter.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #5

So our 2013 came with the 12 volt tv but how much of a drain on the batteries if you are dry camping and watch a DVD
Old 11-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
It is not prewired, however the batteries are in the step well and the Battery Control Center is there as well. Easily accessible if you or the dealer wanted to install one.

We used to offer inverters and no one ordered them. Most people that did get them wanted them for TV & DVD. So instead we went to 12V TV's and DVD player. Eliminated the cost of the inverter and simplified the process. Depending on what you want to run, you can get a 12V plug in style inverter.
thank you for the reply i was not aware this forum monitored by the factory reps this very nice service...

i have 2010 solera come with entertaiment center instead of the bed so with that option still its not pre wired?

do you have any recomendation where to install it ? if i need to replace my 2 group 27 batteries what the max power what brand you recommend to go with..

i asked the couple of dealers thew qouted me 2000 labour not incloud the wires and inverter both of them their plan is to wire from the batteries to the main pannel( located under the STOVE ) ..

when i REMOVED the drawer behind the pannel there is like gadge 10 wires red white black ,, so my question is?

1- are these wires coming from the batteries?
2- can we use them for the inverter WIRING so i can save labour time and wiring COST ..

reason im asking because local rv shop sugested using them With install auto transfer switch for generator and the main hoockup.. not sure waht he called that switch but its basicaly protection for the circuit if you turn on the genetrator or the ac..

any help ,advice, suggestion diagrams realy appreciated

i need the inverter for coffe maker, tv , sat dish( and sat dish receiver
Old 11-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
So our 2013 came with the 12 volt tv but how much of a drain on the batteries if you are dry camping and watch a DVD
look in the TV manual and see how many amp the t.V need to operate YOU CAN find the info ins thechnical specs..
if you know what deep cycle batteries and the MAH.. this give you idea ,,
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
GM

We do not pre wire for inverters on any of our Class C's. I'm not an expert on Inverters, I'll see if I can get JMiller45 to chime in here.

The minor issue with the batteries is what to replace them with? There are (2) in the step well and space will be an issue.

Turbo had some good links on what to expect.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #9

JMiller45 if you can help ...

Thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #10

I have a 2012 Solera w/ a dealer installed 600 watt inverter. They located the inverter on the floor at the back of the drawer below the sink. The on/off switch is located in the left stairwell panel next to the other switches. I was told that it was a quality inverter with good sine wave rating. That becomes important so the converted 12V to 110 is clean and does not cause havoc with any items you intend to power up. (i.e. tablet, laptop, etc.)

The duplexes that were effected were the bedroom divider wall plug, and the overhead plug above the entrance door. My guess is that those plugs were on the same circuit when they cut it in.

I had the dealer throw that in to make the deal, so I don't know what it cost them.