Old 05-07-2016, 09:52 PM   #1
2015 Solera 24R
Solera 24R dinette side slide squeak - SOLVED!

Good news, I fixed the long standing issue with the maddening squeak coming from our Solera 24R's dinette slide out. The dealer couldn't fix it but I sure did! You can fix yours too yourself!

I've seen other, non-Solera forum discussion about fixing slide out squeaks. None of this helped me with our issue.

We have a very maddening squeak coming from our Solera 24R's dinette, or side slide. I FINALLY got mine fixed myself and thought that I would share the fix here.

Prior to our upcoming 2 month trip (we leave Monday and today is Saturday), I needed to get the squeak out of the dinette side slide. It squeaks as you roll down the road with this slide IN (of course). It gets LOUDER and LOUDER as you go.

I JUST brought it back from a Forest River dealer and paid their one hour $129 per hour plus $29.99 shop supplies plus tax. I picked it up on Friday at their closing time so didn't get to test their work. They swore that there was NO SQUEAK. I trusted them. Ha! No, they didn't fix the ONLY thing that I had it there for. Aaaaaagh!

I have a long, 2 year history with this squeak and that dealer. They must have ONE technician who knows the magic combination. That guy obviously didn't work on my unit this time. I WAS PISSED! We'll be on a 2 month trip and would have been driven CRAZY in a hurry by it.

HERE'S HOW TO FIX YOURS if your have this issue".

1. The dinette slide uses a Schwintek mechanism. Watch this video before starting on yours.

Google "Schwintek In-Wall Slideout Mechanism / Lubricating Mechanisms on Winnebago Industries Motorhomes". Here is the URL: $4.89 for a set of 5 10 inch straws. That will do for me.

Gary and Becky

Borrowing from Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee": Freedom is just another word for... RVing in a Solera.
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:22 AM   #2
I haven't had that problem…yet but thanks for the tip. seems a solution to every problem can be found on youtube.

Here is a place that has some long spray lube straws.

Ogsarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:27 PM   #3
Great post! This is information I can file and will come in very handy.
Thank you.
MrNiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

slide, solera