Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #1

Solera 24S - Size of Table That Goes With Sofa Option

Hi, I've just registered for the Forest River Forum, as we're about to buy our first FR motorhome, a new 2014 Solera 24S. We're so excited about it! This Forum has been very helpful already, and I thank everyone who shares on it.

One question: We find the dinette table a bit tight and are thinking about ordering a sofa instead. However, though we've found photos online of the sofa, we can't find photos of the table that can be added in front of the sofa. We see the fit for the pedestal on the floor, but not the table itself.

Does anyone have the couch with table in a 2014 Solera 24s? If so, could you post a photo of it, or tell us the dimensions of the table?

Thanks! We love the Solera and can't wait to place the order!

Marcia
mbenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #2

Sorry, I think very few have the sofa instead of the dinette. Maybe BClemens will chime in on Monday. It is a great RV, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #3

Like Debbie I know you will love your Solera. I was also wondering about that sofa. Clemens stated in another post that the sofa is a 68" jack knife sofa but didn't state anything about the table. I was thinking of doing a mod on my Solera with it. Someone a while back posted a mod on their Solera with a couple of recliners in place of the dinette.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #4

We just got a 24R with the sofa and table and the table measures 26" X 39".
embrquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #5

Can you post a picture for us?
Old 09-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #6

Thanks so much for your responses. I'm not sure the sofa/table in the 24R is the same as in the 24S. Hopefully someone has the sofa and table in the 24S so we can be sure. Plan B is to select the dinette table and go on a diet.

Thanks again! I'll keep checking for more responses.

mbenay
Old 09-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Table should be the same. We try and standardize where we can.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Table should be the same. We try and standardize where we can.
Thanks, bclemens. I didn't see a photo of the couch with table in front of it on the Solera 24S or 24R. Before placing an order, my husband and I are trying to figure out if the table would be the right size, height, and closeness to the couch to make for satisfactory eating and laptopping, or whether it's more like a coffee table arrangement.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by embrquilts View Post
We just got a 24R with the sofa and table and the table measures 26" X 39".
Hi Michael, AnnLea and Blackjack,

I gather from bclemens' response the the sofa+table in the 24R is the same as in the 24S. My husband and I are still trying to decide which to get -- the dinette or sofa. Would you help us with answers to a few questions?

Primarily, is the table like a dinette table in height and distance from the sofa. That is, could we use if for meals or using laptops like a dinette table or is it too short (like a coffee table) or too far away from the couch (require too much leaning forward?)

Also, is it really quick to put the table up? Does the pole just fit into the table top and pedestal on the floor, or does it screw in? Is it a sturdy table?

I guess that's it. Thank you so much for taking time to helping newcomers like us!

mbenay
Old 09-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #10
2018 FR3 30DS

2011 Solera 24S..We just recently took our dinette out and replaced it with a 67" Flexsteel model 4075-58EB Easy Bed sofa. We added a drawer and use it to replace the storage lost in the drawers in the dinette.

We bought a 20 X 40 inch fold in the middle table at Walmart and can move it around as we like. This arrangement works wel for us and we don't have to fret with a table being in the way. When not using the table, it's folded and placed on the over the cab bed.
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
2015 Solera 24R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenay View Post
Hi, I've just registered for the Forest River Forum, as we're about to buy our first FR motorhome, a new 2014 Solera 24S. We're so excited about it! This Forum has been very helpful already, and I thank everyone who shares on it.

One question: We find the dinette table a bit tight and are thinking about ordering a sofa instead. However, though we've found photos online of the sofa, we can't find photos of the table that can be added in front of the sofa. We see the fit for the pedestal on the floor, but not the table itself.

Does anyone have the couch with table in a 2014 Solera 24s? If so, could you post a photo of it, or tell us the dimensions of the table?

Thanks! We love the Solera and can't wait to place the order!

Marcia
mbenay, thank you! We're in the same position, and have NOT been able to get a picture of the sofa and TABLE. Please, please, would someone post a picture of this for us. Bclems pictures were nice, but I've looked extensively on the web and have NOT found a picture yet.

Thanks in advance!
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #12

Pics of the sofa table

Finally got around to doing pics of the sofa table we have in the 24R. There is a 9" clearance between the seat and the bottom of the table. Hope this helps you all. Only had the unit for a couple of weeks and not had a chance to use it yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0545.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	40416   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0546.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	40417  
Old 09-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #13

Thanks so much for the photos and info! We went ahead and ordered the dinette because we'd like the storage drawers under the seats and we don't need the sofa bed, but that sofa setup to sit and socialize or read or catch up on email or watch a bit of TV, would have been really nice. Ordering a smaller motorhome has helped up to prioritize!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #14

You are welcome and good luck and have fun with your smaller unit. We had down sized also so we did get rid of a lot of 'stuff'. We do not need the sofa bed either but hubby does not like a dinette. Do have the say that the table is heavy to lift in and out from under the sofa and we may just opt to use our wooden tv tables.....grin.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #15

Only thing with the sofa you cannot use the table when traveling as the hole for the table is covered when the couch slides in. This something that I wish we would have known before purchase.
Goat_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #16

Yes, well that is true, but with just the two of us and dog we have never used a table when traveling. We seem to just grab something light for lunch and get back on the road.

Tags
solera