Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #1

Solera A/C vent

I was cleaning my A/C filter today and noticed for the first time that there are vent louvers behind the filter area. I'm wondering if these louvers are suppose to be open or closed when running the A/C. Can't find the manuel on the A/C or I'd just look it up.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Usually, if you have the louvers, you have ducted AC. With the louvers closed, air is forced through the duct work. You can open the louvers, and air will be dumped out of the AC, and the main area of the camper will cool muck quicker, but no air out of the ducts in the bedrooms.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
Stay Classy San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
I was cleaning my A/C filter today and noticed for the first time that there are vent louvers behind the filter area. I'm wondering if these louvers are suppose to be open or closed when running the A/C. Can't find the manuel on the A/C or I'd just look it up.
Do you mean when you remove the filter? There are louvers behind that screen/foam filter? What WindRider said - I guess it would depend on what mode it was in when you removed it. Otherwise I have no clue! Now I have to go out and check mine and see!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #4

I thought that was the reason for the vents but without the manual to check I wasn't sure. Thanks
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote