Old 07-11-2016, 12:34 PM   #1

Solera Awning LED lights not working

I have a 2014 Solera 24R that has the LED lights undre the awning. The lights come on but only in a couple spots and those arequite dim. Any suggestions as to what to do/check to make them work. They are so dim that they provide no night time light at all. The light strip goes the entire length of the awning but i would guess on about 8 inches total lights up and that is in 3 sections of about 4 inches each.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:12 PM   #2

Replace,they can be totally replaced for under 20$,with a better set than Fac with controler and even program to change colors! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment[1] (3).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	113738   Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment[1] (2).jpg
Views:	87
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	113739  

Old 07-11-2016, 01:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Replace,they can be totally replaced for under 20$,with a better set than Fac with controler and even program to change colors! Youroo!!
Where do you get those? What is involved in replacing the stock lights? Are they plug and play?
Old 07-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #4

Same thing happened to our awning lights when under warranty. Had to contact Dometic and see about replacements. They would not send a new set of lights that I would install myself. Wanted us to go to an authorized dealer have them check the lights and then order the parts. This would have required two trips of 1 1/2 hours. Was trying to save them money but they said it was the only way to seek replacement. Was surprised at the complete lack of courtesy that I was shown by Dometic customer service on the phone. From what I have read on numerous sites it seems the Dometic lights are junk. Is cheaper to get a set from Amazon and replace our self. Seldom use them so have not replaced yet but may be a job I will do soon.
BadBob
Old 07-11-2016, 08:20 PM   #5

Good to know. I will skip Dometic and just get lights online. I have e friend who has a Thor 24SR that has the awning lights and they work too well. Way to bring and no way to dim. I want some way to light the "patio" area but not too bright. Details from anyone who has done the replacement would be helpful.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ2021 View Post
Good to know. I will skip Dometic and just get lights online. I have e friend who has a Thor 24SR that has the awning lights and they work too well. Way to bring and no way to dim. I want some way to light the "patio" area but not too bright. Details from anyone who has done the replacement would be helpful.
The "Light Kits" with the 44 button controller allow a person to select "More Colors and Brightness" or Fade In/Out! The Big "Downside" is the Little controller can be used to change "Other People's" Lights as well,while walking through a C/G! Once we had our lights Set,we never use the Controller again! I thought I Stole our lights at 28.00$ several years ago , now they are down below 14.00$ for a Kit! Youroo!!
Old 07-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #7

Would one of you kind folks please provide info with specifics regarding where and exactly what you purchased; I'm thinking I should be replacing mine... also have a 2014 Solers 24R
Old 07-17-2016, 12:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidagn11 View Post
Would one of you kind folks please provide info with specifics regarding where and exactly what you purchased; I'm thinking I should be replacing mine... also have a 2014 Solers 24R

For color changing:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D7EBKUO?psc=1

For single color (easy two wire hookup, other colors available)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VDNAM74/
Old 07-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #9

My 24R RV is in storage right now so I do not have easy access to it to check. Can someone tell me how the stock LED lights power up? Is it a plug in and are they 12 volt or 120 AC or both? Do the lights from Amazon mentioned in the post above just plug in to where you I assume unplug the stock LED lights?
Old 07-18-2016, 03:08 PM   #10
Who Dares, Wins

Do your lights work when only on battery power (no shore power). If so they are 12v. If you need to be into the power pedestal to work then they are 120v

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led, light, solera