Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #21

Since I got my replacement magnadyne works fine, pretty nice for a rv, streams my iPhone great, plays DVDs great, even played with equalizer and sound great. I know it had faults but most rvs we looked at had basic junk radios.
I use google maps for navigation on my iPhone
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #22

Thanks Debbie
I went back to one of your threads to see which one you had gotten then I ordered one like it. I remembered you saying how much you liked it.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #23

I had trouble with my since I got it, kept shutting down on me just when I needed it the most. Have talked to magnadyne about it and they helped but after fixing that problem I just didn't like the way it navigated. That's what I use my for the most is navigation then watching some DVDs.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #24

I don't use nav on any of my cars or trucks
I find the iPhone just works better( or any smart phone)
Old 06-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Thanks Debbie
I went back to one of your threads to see which one you had gotten then I ordered one like it. I remembered you saying how much you liked it.
Great! I really like the navigation on it as well. We use it all the time, even though we know where we are going. I like to see "arrival time".
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #26

I'm going to put that thousand toward a solar system since we dry camp a lot and live with the magnadyne
Old 06-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
I'm going to put that thousand toward a solar system since we dry camp a lot and live with the magnadyne
:-)
Old 06-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #28

I'll put mine towards suplimental braking so we have toad and continue following Debbie and her GPS.
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced2 View Post
I'll put mine towards suplimental braking so we have toad and continue following Debbie and her GPS.
Yep!! Here's a pic of us at a FL rest stop on our way to Key West last month!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1042092489.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	33263
Old 06-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I usually agree with what Taylorgso says - but not this time. Here is a picture of the Kenwood unit I replaced our Magnadyne with. It is Very user friendly - it's the best system I have (or have had) in any of my cars. That includes top of the line corvettes as well as your everyday cars. Henry, if you got this one, you will love it! IMHO

Attachment 33222
Debbie - looks like yours is the 6990. Mine is the 9990 - no knob or buttons on the left. It has tiny buttons on the bottom for volume, source, mute, phone, nav, and disc. But they are hard to select without leaning over and studying it! I like yours better with the knobs, etc. What I don't like about mine is the main menu icons dancing around if you don't touch them exactly right, and there's too much busy-ness on some of the screens. To each his own, I guess. I wish I had bought the one like you have.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #31
Plain Old Member

Just thought I'd show the paint pictures. The door had to be replaced due to a gap large enough to see light through. This is a brand new MH. Door install went good, paint, less than desirable. This was done at one of FR's chosen paint shops in Elkhart. A before picture might help, but I don't have a good one. That lighter tan stripe is all but correct. Second picture if you look close you'll see the nice tape line. Our previous coach needed the door replaced also, but traded before doing so. I'm too much of a perfectionist to deal with anything like this again, so this is the end of our painted RV expedition.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-980971156.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	33451   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2603701659.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	33452  
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #32

I see ... it really doesn't look bad and if you didn't know - I don't think you would even see the difference. But, you do ... and that is what matters. I'm sorry - I know it is very disappointing, especially since it is a new. It is a nice looking rig - hopefully as time goes on, you will no longer notice it and will have many happy times in it. :-)
Old 06-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #33
Plain Old Member

We'll get over it. I've noticed though the more I spend on one, the more aggravated I get when things break. I fealt a little at ease moving to the class c from the A (less $$$), but nowhere near as laid back as I was with the fifth wheel or trailer (WAY less $$$). And even more at ease when they're paid for. That's just me. Always been that way. I guess I notice it more since I saw it go from one stage to another.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #34

And I on the other hand was relaxed and comfortable with previous units but now just a blob of relaxation. Walk through the door or get behind the wheel and it is magic
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote