Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #1

Solera Color

Can anyone tell me if the new Solera full body paint changed colors and styles recently? It appears that the tan color has been changed to lots of a reddish color.
serv523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Available colors are garnet and cappuccino.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 10.29.56 PM   4-5-13.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	27160  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #3

Hum. Glad I bought a 2012. I like mine better, not as busy.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #4

Two questions:
1. can anyone tell me the approximate upcharge for the full body paint and
2. for those who have the paint, is it worth it and what do you like/dislike about it

Thanks!
knutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #5

I love the full body paint, one of the features that sold me, on my last trailer decals started to look bad in a year,yet much older rigs that had full body paint still look new
Only downside to me is small scratches
No idea how much extra but worth it
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:36 AM   #6

I agree, to me, it was well worth the extra dollars. Looks so much better going down the road or out in the "wild"!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #7

I just looked at Berryland Campers web site and they list the up charge for full body paint as $5,595. FYI.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #8

Upcharge on full body paint

The MSRP is $5995.00 but I have discount quotes at $3995.00. Is it worth it? Personally, having a white coach with decals has given me an opportunity to see all of the issues - black streaks coming off the roof, the unpainted gelcoat sides are much more difficult to keep clean, and the decals do tend to peal after a few years. We think the cost is well worth the beauty and ease of cleaning.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #9

It does appear there is a brighter red in the Garnet paint design. We took delivery of our Solera in January, and the color is much more muted.

They do provide bottles of touchup paint with the coach. Not sure is the older colors will still be available if they have changed colors. So far have not needed to use any!
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #10

The only problem I see is touching up the nicks, scratches, etc!
CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #11

We paid 4k for our paint and it will be delivered this week. One thing to note is that it added two weeks for a total of close to 3 months from the original order. The LED awning lights are now standard and you can have the optional propane outlet and Aussie Grill added. These were items that I didn't see in the literature.
fortbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #12

Just wondering. Can anyone FR or otherwise know the official white color match for the standard white w/decals. Making an inquiry here, in case any of us, me included want to buy the white to touch up road rash marks on the cab part as it ages.
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #13

I have a white 2013 and was wondering if anyone else has the issue with the coach body color versus the compartment door colors? Mine seem to fade and it is quite noticeable so the dealer replaced the back compartment door but while better, it is still noticeable.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortbud View Post
We paid 4k for our paint and it will be delivered this week. One thing to note is that it added two weeks for a total of close to 3 months from the original order. The LED awning lights are now standard and you can have the optional propane outlet and Aussie Grill added. These were items that I didn't see in the literature.
I understand they also have the front swival seats now too ... Oh well, I'm still happy with mine. I did the passenger seat to make it swival, changed the Magnadyne to a top of the line Kenwood (best $$ spent); and am getting the sway bar installed either next week or the week after. So ... I'm good. Do like the idea of the awning lights and the grill, though! Enjoy
Old 06-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #15
Plain Old Member

One thing to consider, but most people don't care, is if you have to replace anything (trim, doors, or anything else), back to the paint shop you go, and hopefully they'll do a great job. Had our main door replaced in Indiana, now stripes aren't quite as perfect as they were, and have an obvious tape line around the door. Any sealant used has to be clear, or a matched color if your lucky enough to find some. You hope you never have to change anything, but sealing and maintenance is inevitable, and you'll have to be really careful in order to keep it looking good. White is more forgiving. Darker colors attract a lot of heat, so take it for what its worth, go with the lighter colors if your in the HOT south like we are. Our Tiffin was mostly black. Absolutely beautiful, but you know how black vehicles attract heat. Just my 2 cents, and something to think about. I like and dislike the paint. If you don't mind the extra expense and it makes you smile, go for it.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #16

Sway Bar/Magnadyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I understand they also have the front swival seats now too ... Oh well, I'm still happy with mine. I did the passenger seat to make it swival, changed the Magnadyne to a top of the line Kenwood (best $$ spent); and am getting the sway bar installed either next week or the week after. So ... I'm good. Do like the idea of the awning lights and the grill, though! Enjoy
I would be interested in knowing how the sway bar affects the unit and what brand and cost. Very interested. Also, what is the Magnadyne?
Old 06-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #17

Magnadyne is the in dash radio/nav/DVD player that comes with the unit
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #18

I hope that the newer Magnadynes are better than what I got last year. I've finally ordered a new Kenwood to replace my magnadyne as I just don't like it and it doesn't seem to work as well as it should.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #19

Henry:
Find someone with a Kenwood and play with it. I have their top of the line model in my toad - I hate it. The reception is great, but the user interface is not very user friendly - at least for me. It is my wife's daily driver, and I can't remember from one trip to the other how to do some functions - it's not intuitive at all. There's a combination of buttons and touch screen. Some icons are too small to activate while driving without taking eyes off the road for several seconds. Maybe a top of the line stereo store would have several radios that you can play with.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
Henry:
Find someone with a Kenwood and play with it. I have their top of the line model in my toad - I hate it. The reception is great, but the user interface is not very user friendly - at least for me. It is my wife's daily driver, and I can't remember from one trip to the other how to do some functions - it's not intuitive at all. There's a combination of buttons and touch screen. Some icons are too small to activate while driving without taking eyes off the road for several seconds. Maybe a top of the line stereo store would have several radios that you can play with.
I usually agree with what Taylorgso says - but not this time. Here is a picture of the Kenwood unit I replaced our Magnadyne with. It is Very user friendly - it's the best system I have (or have had) in any of my cars. That includes top of the line corvettes as well as your everyday cars. Henry, if you got this one, you will love it! IMHO

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2903857299.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	33222