Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #1

Solera Front/Side Window Shades

Looking to buy the subject window shade screens and their seems to be a lot on the market that fit the Sprinter chassis and some that do not. I am interested in what the Solera Forum is using as they park their RV's. Appreciate your information to keep out the “Summer Heat Out.” Thanks.

2013 Solera S
CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #2

Dan:
I use a set of thermal shades which I purchased from eurocampers.com They attach to the inside of the windows and prevent excess heating and cooling and seem to fit very well. They are available with either suction cup fasteners or Velcro fasteners. Attach from the inside, so you don't have to go out in the rain to put them up.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #3

We purchased this from campers world. It works like a charm, goes on in seconds and really keeps the heat out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2086957760.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	30860
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #4

I purchased a set (3) of inside thermal reflective sunshades from high-end motorsports.com Lifetime warranty and MADE IN THE USA. They are easy to install from the inside just like the other person noted.
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteSolera
I purchased a set (3) of inside thermal reflective sunshades from high-end motorsports.com Lifetime warranty and MADE IN THE USA. They are easy to install from the inside just like the other person noted.
Bought mine also from high-end as well and for the price, very pleased.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #6

We use the thermal ones as well and they are fantastic - one minute set up. The cover provided by FR wasn't much use keeping the light and heat out. Maybe FR will eventually include those - they are worth every penny.

Reiner
Old 05-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinerka View Post
We use the thermal ones as well and they are fantastic - one minute set up. The cover provided by FR wasn't much use keeping the light and heat out. Maybe FR will eventually include those - they are worth every penny.

Reiner
I had originally considered ordering the Remis accordion-style shades for my Solera. These are apparently factory installed on the Winnebago View. But I wondered if they provided any thermal protection, and they apparently do not. Then I checked the latest price and they had gone from $720.00 to $935.00. Yeah, well the picture looked nice, but a +$200 increase in price - no thanks. Plus I read somewhere that installation on the side window made resting your arm there very uncomfortable!!! Sometimes even those of us without brains can make a no-brainer decision!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post

I had originally considered ordering the Remis accordion-style shades for my Solera. These are apparently factory installed on the Winnebago View. But I wondered if they provided any thermal protection, and they apparently do not. Then I checked the latest price and they had gone from $720.00 to $935.00. Yeah, well the picture looked nice, but a +$200 increase in price - no thanks. Plus I read somewhere that installation on the side window made resting your arm there very uncomfortable!!! Sometimes even those of us without brains can make a no-brainer decision!!!
When we looked at the View we saw them and they did not convince us either. They do mot cut out all light as well - tried that.... They are a step up to the curtain - but nor much and not worse the price....

Reiner
Old 05-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #9

I checked out the high-end motor sports website and the sunshades appear to be for cars. Which ones did you order from there that fit so well?
Marionap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionap View Post
I checked out the high-end motor sports website and the sunshades appear to be for cars. Which ones did you order from there that fit so well?
You need to go to a Sprinter specific website that sells them can't remember their name.

Reiner
Old 05-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionap View Post
Here's a link to the order page for the Sprinter sunshades from Highend Motorsports. Looks like the same thing I bought from eurocampers.com - if so, it's a heck of a deal. From the order page, specify whether you want for the side windows as well as the windshield.

http://www.high-end-motorsports.com/...sun-shade.html
Old 05-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #12

Thank you!
Marionap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #13

Heck of a deal, I just bought the windshield cover to use when we aren't camping to keep the heat out and the sun off the dash. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #14

I like to "Thank" everyone for their inputs. Each reply gave me some insight as to which sunshades Solera’s campers are using which really helped me. I am going to try the sunshades @ high-end motor sports website. Again-"Thanks."
CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #15

Debbie - what are they called and what is the cost?
sjudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjudd View Post
Debbie - what are they called and what is the cost?
Look at the link Tayorsgo posted above.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #17

Thanks. Just ordered - they asked what was going on as they have received numerous orders for Soleras in the past week.
sjudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjudd View Post
Thanks. Just ordered - they asked what was going on as they have received numerous orders for Soleras in the past week.
Guess it's 'cause Forest River is selling a lot of Soleras!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #19

Looking at downsizing from our class a to a sprinter and my wife likes the front shades in the Winnebago, but I am not convinced they keep out a lot of light and definitely do not keep out heat. Answers on this thread have confirmed this and I like the Solera 24 R with rear bed and bunk up front. Much more room than the Winnebago and lots of outside storage. On our class A I bought a roll of Reflectix from Home Depot, 4' x 10', about $25, and cut out large panel for the front window of our class a. Reduces heat/ac use and keeps out cold and is definitely room darkening. They also sell it in 2' x10' rolls, so I was thinking I could do that with the Solera and custom cut pieces for windshield and side windows. Any thoughts on this?
rckymtnbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #20

Got mine yesterday from the link above. It doesn't have any fasteners, held by the backup camera and the sun visors. Seems to work. Again, I'll use my cover when camping, but this is good to keep the heat from radiating into the house from the windshield.