Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #1

Solera hot water tank

I am looking for any info on the Solera's hot water tank as does it have a by pass valve for winterizing? if so where is it located at and how do you get to it?
Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
2018 FR3 30DS

water heater bypass

I have a 2011 Solera. Assuming you have a 24S and the hot water bypass valves are in the same place as mine:
at the end of the bed is a removable panel. look inside to the far left and you can see 3 valves. they should all be pointing in the same direction. To bypass the flow of water, turn each valve one half turn and that's all there is to it. Somewhere on previous posts is more information and pictures showing how the system looks....
hope this helps.....
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
2012 Solera

On our 2012 Solera "S" the bypass valves are located under the bed (access cover is snap-on on front of bed base). The hot water tank valves are well to your left as you look into the access hole. Same access hole as used for the water filter.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #4

Thanks for the info that where they are.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #5

How do you drain the water heater after you close the bypass valves?
Sprintboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #6

I opened all of the faucets to drain most of the water then I removed the anode rod in the bottom of the water heater to drain the rest. or you can just remove the anode rod and let it all run out. The anode rod needs to be removed and inspected yearly to see if it needs to be replaced anyway.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #7

hot and cold water low point drains

In my search for the fresh water drain I read some other threads and found the hot and cold water low point drains on my 2013 Solera.

They are located on the left side of the entrance steps. I thought they were glued by the insulation spray around the area but there was no problem removing the caps ... they will drain your lines.

"Unfortunately" I currently live in San Diegoi and will probably never use this drain again

Attached is an annotated photo of the drain plugs ... the picture doesn't show it but if you look real close on yours one should be colored red and one colored blue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 Solera water line drains annotated.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	19968  
socalron is offline   Reply With Quote