Old 06-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #1

Solera M - lights over Slideout

I've just about completed converting the bulbs in all the coach fixtures to LED - with one exception - the two lights in the slideout above the Murphy Bed. These are the lights with the chrome rim around them, and I can't figure out how to get them down to replace the bulbs. The rest of the lights (without the rims) just screw in/out, and a good twist takes them off easily. The ones above the bed don't seem to want to twist off; I am reluctant to try to pry them out with my plastic spatula, for fear of damaging something!

Anybody figured out how to get these fixtures down?

Thanks
Ed

Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #2

Ed

I don't know if these are the same lights, but I have some with a chrome ring around them above my bathroom sink. They are hard to turn but they do turn to the right and come off. Seem like they do come off easier after the first time. Good luck.

hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
2012 Solera

X2 what Henry said - also on lights above bathroom sink. I ended up prying them slightly with a putty knife or similar to free them up enough to twist them (counterclockwise, as I remember). Good luck-
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #4

Henry & JLeising:

OK, guys. Thanks for the input. I went out and tried again. After several tries, a bit of cussing, and finding a spare piece of non-slip mat in one of the cabinets, I got them off! One came off fairly quickly, the other I had to cuss at for a good five minutes. Got the new bulbs in, and had to cuss some more to get the lenses back on.

I had tried twisting them off in the past but guess I just didn't twist hard enough! Lousy design!

SWMBO says this forum has helped me solve a lot of problems (and spend a lot of money)! LOL - I agree, but especially grateful for the problem solving.

Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote