Old 11-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #21

I average 10 MPG towing a Chevy Spark at 65 MPH with a 31 foot 2013 Sunseeker 2860. Chevy chassis with 6.0 liter gas engine and 6 speed tranny, also all the power I need for climbing hills. Very happy that I went with a Chevrolet.

Days Camped 2014. 89
DangerCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #22
Northern Most Member ?

Hans,
We have a blog in case you want to follow our travels this winter.
Enjoy
Tim

Gone With The Dogs | Alaskans Traveling With Very Large Dogs

Toolman Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman Taylor View Post
Hans,

We have a blog in case you want to follow our travels this winter.

Enjoy

Tim

Gone With The Dogs | Alaskans Traveling With Very Large Dogs

Great blog Tim! If you get a chance check out the Carrizo Plain. I think it's a National Monument now but used to be BLM. Painted Rock is there and has excellent Indian rock art. I've boon docked there many times and it's really vast with mountain ranges on the east and west sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #24
Northern Most Member ?

Ecopo,
Thanks for the great tip and compliments. We were wondering about the plains as we drove by yesterday.... Currently camped at Jalama beach. We may head back to the plains next week....keep you posted
Tim
Toolman Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:58 PM   #25

Ditto to Mr. Clemens on the DEF tank...on my 2011 24S. I've always wondered how much it (the DEF tank near the RR wheel...) holds? It certainly looks like it holds more than 2-3 gallons and happy you commented on it's size. We just bought the unit last August and got out twice with it. Do not know how much is in it(DEF) at this time and will probably top it off this Spring to start full. I imagine we'll not have to worry about it as much as the smaller tanks in the newer models...HOWEVER...why in tarnation did FR mount it on the OPPOSITE side of the Diesel fill(near the back part of the driver's door in my case...)? We only filled it up with diesel once, last year, and noticed that we would have to pull out after filling the diesel tank, then loop around and find an empty
island facing the opposite way to most of the semi's just to fill the DEF tank. I'm sure that sooner or later I'm going to tangle with one of the semi driver's because of this marvelous engineering feat? I will be using the pump's mostly at the Pilot Flying J truck stops in order to get my GS\RV Plus discount. I don't relish buying DEF in the cartons from my local auto parts store as the mark-up is 3X what I would have to pay at the pump! So...any suggestions here on this one? Comments from Mr. Clemens and\or any fellow Solarians would be appreciated. Thnx...PB
Old 01-31-2015, 08:19 PM   #26
GM

Don't blame us. That's where mercedes put it.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:21 PM   #27
GM

Irritated us too. That's where the generator was and we lost a storage compartment. After redesigning for that they moved it to the engine compartment.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:53 PM   #28

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

13.99 @ amazon
Old 01-31-2015, 09:08 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Irritated us too. That's where the generator was and we lost a storage compartment. After redesigning for that they moved it to the engine compartment.
Ok...admittedly that's not the meanest thing the crazy Germans have done, by far, but I thought they had more foresight than that? Do you know of any fuel stations that have their DEF pumps on the right side then? Since I can go further then I can plan when to DEF it up with a little less stress down
the pike, I guess...

PS: Ich Bin Ein "DEF'r" ja ja.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:02 PM   #30

11.99 Walmart.

Tags
mpg, solera