Old 02-01-2015, 01:11 AM   #31

Box fits nicely in storage compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 02-01-2015, 06:17 PM   #32

DEF pumps on the right...

Thanks GJax...didn't even know that Walmart pumps diesel, much less DEF...and all on the accessible sides? WHAT a country!! -PB

Old 02-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #33

As far as I know Walmart does not pump DEF. They do have the 2.5 gal containers in the box.

I try and buy my diesel at Walmart whenever I can. I have the Walmart card that I use for fuel only and only at the Murphy USA Walmart stations. Their prices are cheaper than any truck stop I have found and if you use the Walmart card you get another 3 cents a gallon off of your statement.

I have an app on my phone that shows all of the Murphy USA stations in the country. So I plan my fuel stops accordingly.

The Gasbuddy app also shows them, but it may not break out the Murphy USA stations.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:18 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
As far as I know Walmart does not pump DEF. They do have the 2.5 gal containers in the box.

I try and buy my diesel at Walmart whenever I can. I have the Walmart card that I use for fuel only and only at the Murphy USA Walmart stations. Their prices are cheaper than any truck stop I have found and if you use the Walmart card you get another 3 cents a gallon off of your statement.

I have an app on my phone that shows all of the Murphy USA stations in the country. So I plan my fuel stops accordingly.

The Gasbuddy app also shows them, but it may not break out the Murphy USA stations.
Mikegjax: Good Info-Thanks.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #35

Thanks again Mike. I think I'll carry the 2.5 gal DEF container too, then, making sure to use it before it's out date. Fortunately I have the 7.5 gal. side tank in my 2011 (at the expense of losing some basement area...) so will not have to worry about it as often.

I also like your Murphy USA station advice. I assume you don't have much of an issue navigating the 25' unit into their stations then? Will get the phone app too...already have the Gasbuddy app which saves a lot with pre-planning. Again, thanks for your patience and help re this! Happy trails to you and let's hope these prices stay down for a long time! -PB
Old 02-02-2015, 05:01 PM   #36

Have not had any problems navigating through the Murphys stations even with my toad along.

I have found a few where the entrances were pretty steep. Had to use some fancy diagonal approaches to make them work.

I carry my extra DEF in the trunk of my toad. That works out for me.

Happy trails to all and camp safe.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #37
Drivestregis

Smile Mileage dependent on speed and wind

With little to no wind on the Florida Keys Oversees Highway I got 16.5 MPG going between 45 and 60 and stopping and starting. On the Interstate I get 12 MPG at 65-68 MPH and 13.5 to 14+MPG at 60 MPH. 2014 Solera S has less than 5,000 miles. If there is a break-in period that will increase miles per gallon I am not yet there. If there is much wind the MPG decreases slightly. I have not added DEF and I am at 3,700 miles. I would not feel safe driving more than 60 MPH in any wind above 15MPH. I have the standard shocks and the upgraded anti-sway bar.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:37 PM   #38
2012 Solera

Sounds about right. I have the same rig and have had some strong side-winds that gave me concerns but managed to stay fairly stable.
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-09-2015, 06:38 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivestregis View Post
With little to no wind on the Florida Keys Oversees Highway I got 16.5 MPG going between 45 and 60 and stopping and starting. On the Interstate I get 12 MPG at 65-68 MPH and 13.5 to 14+MPG at 60 MPH. 2014 Solera S has less than 5,000 miles. If there is a break-in period that will increase miles per gallon I am not yet there. If there is much wind the MPG decreases slightly. I have not added DEF and I am at 3,700 miles. I would not feel safe driving more than 60 MPH in any wind above 15MPH. I have the standard shocks and the upgraded anti-sway bar.

No real break in period. The mileage your getting is typical of the Solera, and much better than a gasser I might add.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:58 PM   #40

Solera milage

I have a 2013 Solera 24R with 40,000 miles. Have had it for since Sept. 2012. Had 900 miles on it when we got it. Have kept track of milage since then with Road Trip. Have driven from MD to AZ in a head wind and to Alaska & back (12,500) + numerous other places. On highway I try to keep it at 60 61 mph. Have averaged 14.5 mpg. DEF lasts about 3,500 miles.
John

Tags
mpg, solera