Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #1

Solera MS Murphy Bed Question

Could someone who has had experience with a Solera MS Murphy bed share their experiences? Is it comfortable? And, do you need to extend the slide out to use the bed? Thanks,
Parksfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Site Team

While you wait for feedback I wanted to you to the forums!

Take care.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #3

I dont have first hand experience, but we looked at it prior to buying the S. Yes, from what I saw and understand, you do have to have the slide out to make a bed.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #4

I own a 2012MS. Yes it is comfortable and yes the slide has to be out to use.
Don Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #5

Thanks for the welcome and the replies!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
Stay Classy San Diego

Hi! We have the murphy bed model too and love it. Welcome to the forum
Old 10-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #7

Most excellent! My wife and I go look at the Solera MS tomorrow... And, thanks again for the welcome...
Old 10-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #8

Yes, the slide does need to be out for the bed to come down. We think the bed is VERY comfortable!We use regular queen size bedding and it's fits very well. Just thought I'd add that in case you wondered that, too. We love the extra room the Murphy Bed gives us in the motorhome, too!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #9

Thanks... My wife and I were impressed with the floodplan but weren't sure how comfortable the Murphy bed might be... Thanks, again...
Old 01-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #10

I hope the murphy bed models are still available in a few years as this is the floor plan we totally love .. my husband and I are putting our home on the market,and plan to travel... We have decide on the Solera (murphy bed floor plan) as the motorhome we will purchase. We have looked at MANY different manufacturers and this one seems to have more "bang" for the buck... from everything I've read in the forums, it's been nothing but positive feedback on it... we're eagerly looking forward to purchasing this one and traveling!
ntertaynme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntertaynme View Post
I hope the murphy bed models are still available in a few years as this is the floor plan we totally love .. my husband and I are putting our home on the market,and plan to travel... We have decide on the Solera (murphy bed floor plan) as the motorhome we will purchase. We have looked at MANY different manufacturers and this one seems to have more "bang" for the buck... from everything I've read in the forums, it's been nothing but positive feedback on it... we're eagerly looking forward to purchasing this one and traveling!
We had also looked at many different manufacturers and we really liked the fact that the Solera MS slept only two people (and one small dog!). That gives us a lot more room for other things we want to take with us when we travel. And room to move around inside the motorhome, too. I hope this floor plan will be available when you are ready to purchase. It's a great motorhome, in our opinion! Best wishes in your future travels!!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #12

We are waiting on our Solera M to get here in the next few weeks! I have a bad back and it is so hard for me to get in and out of a corner bed.From the feedback on the post I think I will be a happy lady and my husband will not have to hear me complain.Thanks for the encouraging posts.
Harleyriders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed