Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2015, 09:45 PM   #1

Solera pantry rack stuck?

Have a 2011 25' Solera with a side-by-side closet and pantry installed within
the slide-out section of the unit(driver's side) which also includes the
side-facing couch. We've only had it out once since purchasing it last August
and cannot remember what the tech did during the "walkthrough" to get the
slide-out rack in the pantry to...slide out! It's a vertical rack with a double set of opposing wire baskets that appear strong enough to hold a fair amount of canned foods, etc.

It "appears" that the secret to unleash this entire affair so that it can "slide out" from the pantry would be near the bottom of the slide? It looks like a little lever is there and have tried, and pried, and lifted, and pushed...on this lever...but no release! Is it possibly jammed if I'm attacking the correct button here or am I not hitting the correct release point yet? It's just gotta be staring me in the face and is driving me nuts. Please be kind when you respond!

Thnx...PB
Pixelbum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:16 PM   #2

There is a lever on the backside of the front center vertical support, that seperates the opposing baskets. On my '12 you need to collapse/squeeze the lever against the center support. It is located close to the mid point of the rack system. That releases the catch on the track at the bottom of the slide, allowing the pantry to slide out of the cabinet. To close and lock into travel mode, you need to reverse the process pushing the pantry rack back in while the lever is depressed. Then release the lever and check to make sure the rack does not slide.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #3

Ahhhhhh. Or should I say...Arghhhhh!? As soon as I dig through some snow to get back into the unit I'll try what you say. Sounds incredibly easy, of course.
Btw...is there an easy way ("if" you've ever tried this?) to completely slide everything out meaning the vertical supports complete with baskets? Again, haven't been out there yet to pursue your instructions so maybe if I simply keep the lever depressed it will let me slide the entire unit out of the top and bottom tracks. Need to do some much needed cleanup near the bottom of the unit and this would make that much easier! Thanks my friend! ~PB
Old 01-06-2015, 06:49 PM   #4

If your asking; can you remove the sliding assembly from the track, I have never tried or needed to. If thats what your asking.

Note that the baskets I believe, can be repositioned on the verticle supports, so that being the case, one would assume they can be removed, to gain access to the open cabinet space. But, I never went that far myself.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:09 PM   #5

The sliding assembly does come out, pull the unit out as far as it goes then on the bottom track there are levers like on the drawers, just push on the levers and pull the slide on out. The picture shows the plastic lever on the bottom of the slide. Also as can be noted by the rust, DON'T PUT SALT IN THE PANTRY!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030097.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	68222  
Old 01-07-2015, 12:30 PM   #6

One other thing about the pantry, They used a 1X4 under the flooring of the pantry to screw into. If the screws are not angled into the 1X4 then the screws are just in the flooring which is about 1/8" thick. I replaced the 1X4 with a 1X6 and also replaced the pantry flooring with a thicker paneling.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #7

Good ones! Member "Still Kickin" set me straight and was able to slide the rack out with ease. I KNEW it was staring me in the face (kinda...). At that point I hadn't seen the kind replies from member "HKreck" about completely removing the white rack from the bottom glide, so I simply pulled it out as far as possible to the stop, which allowed me room to get my screwdriver drill onto the 8 screws (actually 7...one msg!) holding the baseplates down. Removed them and then pulled the entire affair out which now sits in my utility room. The reason I wanted to remove the base plates, especially, was to treat a rusting problem from probably...yup!...the former owners storing salt containers in the racks (thanks HKreck!). I also made note of the "other" levers on the bottom glide so that next time I won't have to go through all this rigarmoral to just remove the white baskets and frame if needed(Again...thanks for the pics HKreck!).
I plan to treat the base plates and then perhaps prime\paint them with a flat black, or such, to prevent further rusting. If any of you plan to completely remove the white frame and bottom glide w\base plates do note that there was a fair amount of lithium grease within and on the bottom glide...do not get this on your clothes or the unit...just be aware! I also noted (and as affirmed by HKreck!) that two of the screws did not come out easily(freewheeled) as they had not bitten into the 1X4 below the flooring of the pantry...seems like just the thin floor board (yeah...1/8" thick) was doing the holding only! I plan to do exactly what HKreck advises and that is to at least bolster with another stud underneath the flooring. Load those baskets up with some weight and I guarantee that sooner or later the frame would rip free from it's moorings on a trip! Oh...finally...the baskets simply pull out once the white frame is pulled out to the max stop...simply pivot them up 90 degrees towards the frame that they are hanging on and pull out. Ta Da! THANKS TO YOU ALL!! Happy trails...PB

Tags
solera