Old 06-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
Solera refrigerator

Newbie here and I know the fridge should be turned on 24 hours before. I don't have access to An outlet though. Can the fridge run for 24 hours off of the battery?

Lcblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
First 2 times I took my rig to Delaware I could not keep it at the sons house. I had to put it in a storage lot for 2 weeks. I disconnected both battery cables and after 2 1/2 weeks, I reconnected them and turned on fridge 2 days prior to leaving. Placed some frozen milk jugs in it and the afternoon prior to leaving, we stocked with cold food. Battery did fine.

Because of that, I believe a good battery should serve you fine.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Fridge draws 2 amps an hour on propane.
If u have a three way I'm not sure what it draws on 12v only.

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
I have 2013 Solera. The fridge that comes stock I'm pretty sure is only a 2-way - 120V and Propane, as in my Solera. Unless they have started installing 3-way or you upgraded, you'll have the 2-way. You should be fine for 24 hours - and more! Considering what Turbs has said about 2 amps/hour on propane, if you had second house battery installed, a LOT more!
Ed (N4RWU) & Becky Taylor
Mistie (Walks 4-down)
Greensboro, NC
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
No 3-way. We don't use any 3 ways nor do we plan on it. For a larger fridge they don't really work...they might keep cold things cold...but they can't really cool things down on 12v. tiny fridges in B vans might be 3-way.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
My tent trailer had a 3 way, never used 12v because it drained the batteries real quick and didn't get as cold as when I used propane
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
My frig will run a long time not hooked up to anything. It has been sitting now for a week and is still cold. Will have shore power this weekend, yours will be fine. Just set it on auto and make sure you have propane.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
Outside frig on 34TBOK seems to defrost while traveling and gets water all over the place & might have even messed up the countertop - anyone have any suggestions on a try to put under it or if there is a way to hook it up with an inverter for travel - Electric only for Outside Kitchen.

kritta is offline   Reply With Quote