Old 08-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #31

My RVing friends have dubbed our R "The Cramper". They have a 42' Bus. I can't wait to see the W. Might be time to upgrade. Although you can't beat the R for basement storage.

2015 Solera 24R

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:02 PM   #32

I wish the W had come out earlier, I would have liked it better than our S. Other than the bed we love our S model. If you want to talk about a Cramper?

hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
I wish the W had come out earlier, I would have liked it better than our S. Other than the bed we love our S model. If you want to talk about a Cramper?

We looked at the S before we bought the R. (As the R had just come out) As it turns out the S might have worked out better because my wife sleeps next to one kid and I sleep next to the other in the overhead bunk. It's pretty "Cramped" with a family of 4. These units are better for 2 people. With all that said we still love our MH and it's only really cramped when it's extremely hot outside in the summer and we all come in to get out of the heat. You can't beat the MBS platform for driving. Planning our 5K mile trip for next summer.

2015 Solera 24R

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:16 PM   #34

We did take our 2 grand daughters on a trip a couple of years ago and the S did work out very well. The problem we have now a days is our other 2 kids want to sleep with us in the corner bed and it's a little more than cramped. Luck for us their some what small dogs.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:32 PM   #35

Send a message via AIM to Keithe Send a message via MSN to Keithe Send a message via Yahoo to Keithe
Inside storage with the "W"

I've been seriously look in at the "W" but no one in our area has the "W" in stock and I want to see one before making any decisions.

I did see a video online and noticed that the "W" lacks any of the storage compartments above the dinette table or around the bed like the other models. Because of this, it seems to be lacking storage inside the RV when you compare it against the other models. Maybe I'll get to see one up close at the RV show in September.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #36

My wife and I traveled the US for nine years in a Pleasure-way, Dodge Chassis, Class B. Then bought the Solera. After the pleasure-way the Solera is the Taj Mahal. The solera comes no where near the Pleasure-way in quality. I crossed the country five times in the Pleasure-way and camped from Main to Key West with nary a problem with the possible exception of consumables (brakes, belts, batteries, etc.). Unfortunately no space.

I sold Winnebago, Fleetwood, and Gulfstream. I know the View and Pulse well. In my opinion the 24R is a much better value than either for mentioned. The 24R has given me no problems that could not be addressed. FR has treated me great.

By their nature Camper Vans (Pleasure-way, Roadtrec, etc) have much better body integrity therefor a much sturdier product.

All-in-all I love my 24R

Tags
solera