Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #1

Solera Warranty in Canada

I am new member and am looking forward to taking delivery of a 2013 Solera 24S in mid March from RV Direct and bringing it back to Canada. This will be our first RV purchase and we are very excited, already planning our first trip to Yukon and Alaska this coming summer.

I have been advised by RV Direct that the Forest River and the Mercedes warranty will not be honoured in Canada unless there is a Forest River dealer in our area that carries the Solera and will do the warranty work. To the best of my knowledge there are no dealers in British Columbia that carry the Solera.

To deal with this problem we are prepared to puchase an extended warranty from RV Direct to cover both the Mercedes and Forest River in Canada.

I e-mailed Forest River asking for clarification on the warranty, but as yet have not received a response.

I would very much appreciate it if any of the other members could share their experience in dealing with the Solera warranty in Canada. One of the side issues of my warranty question is how our American visitors, with Solera warranty claims, get their work done while in Canada.

Thank you
MJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Commercial Member

There is no warranty on a US purchased Mercedes chassis in Canada. We have to sign a franchise agreement that we will NOT sell Mercedes vehicles into Canada. Canadian Mercedes dealers will not cover the vehicle under the factory warranty.

As for the Forest River part, any Forest River dealer could service the box part. However, by covering the warranty on the coach portion it implies consent by Forester River in regards to shipping units into Canada, so it is policy not to cover under warranty Canadian Soleras.

In regards to US owners traveling into Canada, this is emergency service and would be covered. The vehicle is a US chassis registered in the US. If you can register your unit in the states, Mercedes would cover that as well. Just an FYI, this is a Mercedes policy, not Forest River.

Having said all that, we are working on getting Canadian Mercedes chassis that would have full factory warranties. It just takes time to keep things where we want to be price wise. We're hoping to have dealers set up in Canada by this summer.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #3

Thank you for the response Bclemens.

You have confirmed what I thought was the Forest River policy. As we will also be travelling extensively throughout the US; will we be covered in the US by the Forest River and Mercedes warranty even though our vehicle will be registered, with no warranty, in Canada? Based on reports in this forum the Forest River and Mercedes are well made and I do not anticipate many problems but still want to be prepared.

Thanks again for your help, this subject is probably very dry for most people but we want to be as informed as possible before our travels start.
MJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
Commercial Member

From what I have seen you should not have a problem getting it serviced here in the states.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #5

«I,m Canadian. I bought one solera in august 2012 here in Quebec. I call Mercedes in Ontario, Canada. They tell me there is no warranty in Canada. I was in Florida last winter. I stop at Miami Mercedes dealer and ask them if it is warranty....the answer is NO because it's an export vehicule. «»What I don't understand is, the day before it pass the border...full warranty; the day after no more warranty....
Sent e-mail to Solera last year and they confirm me no warranty on Mercedes and even Solera box....
Francois Jasmin
levoyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #6

warranty

mars 16, 2013
«this morning I call a forest river dealer here in quebec. I ask them if they want to fix my solera on warranty. the answer is NO. They fix one before on warranty and forest river don't pay them. what can I do now. do you honor warranty in usa for me. I bought it here in quebec from an rv garage and it comes from a us forest river dealer.
thanks

francois jasmin
levoyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
Commercial Member

If you bought it from a dealer in Canada, then you bought it as a used unit. We do not (can not) sell Solera's into Canada at this time. So a dealer there would have had to buy it from a dealer in the states, making it used, which would not be covered. I do know some dealers do this and then sell the unit with an aftermarket warranty. Your dealer should have explained this or offered the after market warranty.

As a side note we should be able to take orders for Canadian Mercedes chassis within the next month. I know it doe not help you now, but for those looking for a Solera in Canada, just hold off for another 30-45 days.