Old 07-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
2012 Solera

Speaker not working

I have a 2012 with the Magnadyne system. The Jensen speaker under the dinette seat (see pic) doesn't work. All the wiring seems to be connected. I checked the equalizer settings. I'm assuming this is a bass for stereo?
Any clues?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0943.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	17004  

Old 07-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
GM

That is the subwoofer. Do you have surround sound? If so you'll have a speaker switch A-B-All. A is dash speakers and (2) roof speakers. B is surround sound (no dash) All is all of course. Make sure it is on B or All. After that I have to defer to JaMiller

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
2012 Solera

Thanks for the response.
Yes I do have the A-B-All switch. tried em all, no success. the remote control has a Sub-W/Eq button that doesn't turn the speaker on?

I'm thinking that if its not a setting issue then there must be a wiring problem.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
GM

Could be a bad crimp either at the sub or at the radio. See if jamiller45 has any idea, he's the electrical guru.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
Coachmen Adrenaline

Pull off the plastic cover on the left end of the sub. Do you see a red led on end of sub where cover has been removed, when the radio is on? If so then you have power to the sub and it's possible the settings were missed at the factory. Is this brand new? Has it worked previously? Just trying to gather as much info as possible.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
2012 Solera

Speaker wiring

the wireing for the speakers as shown. I checked the connectors that seem to be correct. there is ni red wire? There are Blue, White, and (3) black.
Don't know which is which.There is a "Ground Loop Isolater" that the black connector wires feed into.I have a VOM but not sure what current to check?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0944.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	17220   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0945.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	17221  
Old 07-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #7

Black wire is ground-
Yellow is constant pwr 12+
blue is remote turn on :
Check yellow for power, if no pwr: check fuses. If you do have pwr and ground is good. Then remote turn on. Lets us know for next step
Old 07-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
Commercial Member

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

The suggestions mentioned here are correct. First, verify that the red LED on the control panel of the sub is ON when the stereo is ON. If ON, verify your Gain is turned up to at least halfway. If the LED is OFF, check the fuse (in-line 10A on the Yellow wire). If the fuse is good, proceed to check both the Yellow and Blue wires for +12V DC using your multi-meter. Verify your Ground on the Black wire. If the LED lights up and the voltage is good but you are still not getting any sound, next step would be to verify the sub output on the stereo is active, then verify your audio cables are connected between the stereo and the sub. You can plug another audio source (DVD/MP3 player for example) into the subwoofer’s input and if you get sound from that, this would indicate the problem is in your source. If the LED is OFF and wiring/voltage is good, then it would appear the issue is in the sub. Contact your coach dealer for warranty on this, if needed.

Please feel free to call our Technical Services department at 877-845-8450 M-F, 8:00AM till 6:00PM EDT if you have any questions.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

jensenrvdirect
JENSENRVDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
2012 Solera

Thanks for the response. I checked the speaker panel and saw the red led was on. I did get some muted sound after I turned the SUB Vol to max on the Magnadyne system Equalizer,and the Speaker Gain to Max. This seems wrong but I have nothing to compare. you can see from the previous picture the black wires (red and white connectors) that feed in and out a Ground-Loop-Isolater (GL-!5). Maybe this component attenuates the sound too much? Guess I'm headed to the dealer.

Thanks again.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
Coachmen Adrenaline

Where is the frequency response on the sub panel set to. It should be just past halfway. Gain should be near max, but not quite all the way. Radio should be somewhere near 20ish on sub output.