Old 05-17-2015, 07:22 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, isn't it sad when people are just all about them?

One thing I really like about our Colorado State Parks is that the section managers print out and post reservations on each site, so there's no confusion, we've never had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:31 PM   #52
Originally Posted by NoviBill View Post
I said boomers and I meant it. The Gen-Xers and later are our children and our responsibility (I'm the tail end of the boomers). Society is what we make of it (we reap what we sow).
I totally agree. We are responsible for the way we raise our children. The conflict occurs when you are the product of how you were raised, yet you are ultimately responsible for your own actions in the end. The thing is, he is the responsible person, but I can't blame his mother and father, even though they had a part in the ultimate outcome. Just sayin'

Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #53
California state parks same deal,
Problem is all the great sites gone at 8am , 6 months before you plan to camp. We've never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #54
While its funny (and also kind of irritating) to read all these mishaps with random idiots we have never had any problems with people invading our campsite or wanting to give us much trouble while we are in our spot. Of course it could have something to do with my 120lb+ rottweiler and cane corso mastiff staring at them silently from their kennel area around the trailer.They are voice and hand signal trained and will stay silent if told,they are super good dogs and truly non aggressive(mostly lol)-our girls regularly jump on top of them along with our cats. Hell, the mastiff adopted our chickens when we got a few baby chicks haha. I guess that the idiots usually don't wait around long enough for them to be introduced to mack and bear
smithhike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:48 PM   #55
Happy Camper
Sorry to hear the horror stories but here in Alabama, almost everyone here respects your site, your privacy, and your property. I agree that there are some that don't play by the rules, but we are there to enjoy the sights, sounds, and other campers that share our values. As a Viet Nam veteran, I have learned to appreciate what I have and respect what you have. We just need to carefully teach the younger crowd that same respect, one at a time. My Thoughts.
Johntgif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #56
Happy Camper
I forgot to mention that God travels with us, I hope you will invite him to travel with you.
Johntgif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:02 PM   #57
I have been to some state parks in Texas where showing up after hours can be a shot in the dark. The sites are first come first serve after hours, but you had to have a paid reservation (just not specified site).

I don't agree with holding sites with a tent or otherwise when you are not going to show up until the next day, but in the OP's case it seems they were there, just not on site. I also think it is rude when I see a bunch of empty reserved sites on Thursday nights that no one enters until Friday night. That is worse on holiday weekends.

I am glad the OP got the site back, because it really sounds like the guy was just trying to work the system and hope the OP would just find another spot. Might not even be the first time he has pulled the stunt.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:20 PM   #58
On the reverse end there are some truly wonderful people you meet camping. I made the mistake of setting up a little to far over on the site next to me. I wasn't too worried until a truck pulled into that site and began to set up. I immediately went out and apologized and offered to move my trailer but the gentleman insisted it was no bother. Ended up making a new friend and sharing the weekend with some good company.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
2015 Microlite 25 DHS
Gaberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:09 AM   #59
Site Team
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
What ticks me off in recent years are people who think its OK to stroll and take shortcuts thru my site. Have these people never watched an old western? Even bad guys know enough to not ride into a camp without asking.
^THIS. 1000X this. We have a permanent site right next to the playground at our CG. On the opposite side there is a short foot bridge that goes over into an area that a lot of weekend campers use. I can't count the number of times people would step off the bridge and then head straight for the playground instead of walking around on road like any decent person would do.

Many times we were sitting right outside at our picnic table or around or fire pit eating lunch/dinner.

Yet if either of our dogs who are both properly tagged and leashed on our site bites one of these people walking through, it's somehow our fault.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #60
2015 Forester MBS 2401W
We have only had positive camping experience so far. However, we saw an interesting group of people at campground this past weekend. Their behavior was neither good nor particularly bad. A dozen or so men gathered at a campsite not far from us, a leader was 'preaching' and others were following in chanting, in a foreign language, also accompanied by loud instruments. This lasted hours into night, ended before quiet time, and resumed in the morning. They were so loud that we could hear them from anywhere in the campground. Although we would rather have enjoyed a total peace, we didn't make a complaint to the ranger. I'm not sure what ranger can do about it either. Anyone had a similar experience?

2015 Forester MBS 2401W
HomeOnWheels is online now   Reply With Quote

camping, camper