Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #1

Swivel seat adapters.

Boy does this open up the living area!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2331063351.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	5534  

ever4ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #2

Swivel Seat adapters

Where do you get these?
What's the cost?
How hard to instal?
Thanks, peter
peterfinurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterfinurke View Post
Where do you get these?
What's the cost?
How hard to instal?
Thanks, peter
Purchased them from Home. It took me about an hour to install them. 20 minutes for passenger side then 40 for driver side. I had to re-route backup camera wires and move the parking brake lever (parts included). I purchased the Reimo swivels at the recommendation of Mark at the Sprinter Store. It raises the seats by about 1.5 - 2 inches. It remains to be seen how this will effect driving comfort since we will be parked for the next few weeks.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #4

We were camping this week and had our grandson , son and daughter show up, my wife brought up then how nice that would be . Looks great!!!!
Approximate cost was what?
mckirby50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #5

I ordered from EuroCampers at $229 each, I.e. 1 drivers side & 1 passenger. Have not received yet, should be here today. I'll update the thread after.
Oregon was out of stock & they sent me to EuroCampers, nice of them.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #6

Easy installation

Received the Hungarian made swivels from EuroCampers yesterday. Installed in less than 2 hours. My biggest delay was acquiring a 13mm Torx socket to remove the OEM bolts that hold the seats on factory bases.
Nice addition for indoor camping seating.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:10 AM   #7

Unhappy

I got the Cart before the Horse in my last post. The swivels went in easy, but the emergency brake handle relocation was a "pain in the drain" to say the least.
The instructions say the bracket that lowers the handle may not line up with the threaded holes in the bracket, they don't. Then the handle holes don't line up with the threaded holes in the lowering bracket.
The instructions mention these mis-alignments may occur and suggest drilling out the tapered hole and die grinding the holes in the brake handle. Easier said than done, fortunately I had my shop and tools to make these corrections.
I do not recommend the Sportcraft seat swivels from Eurocampers. Knowing this problem could be an easy fix with another bracket with the correct dimensions on the holes. Shop smarter than I did and save yourself the grief!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterfinurke View Post
I got the Cart before the Horse in my last post. The swivels went in easy, but the emergency brake handle relocation was a "pain in the drain" to say the least.
The instructions say the bracket that lowers the handle may not line up with the threaded holes in the bracket, they don't. Then the handle holes don't line up with the threaded holes in the lowering bracket.
The instructions mention these mis-alignments may occur and suggest drilling out the tapered hole and die grinding the holes in the brake handle. Easier said than done, fortunately I had my shop and tools to make these corrections.
I do not recommend the Sportcraft seat swivels from Eurocampers. Knowing this problem could be an easy fix with another bracket with the correct dimensions on the holes. Shop smarter than I did and save yourself the grief!
I'm sorry to hear about the problems! The REIMO seat swivels came with a brake adapter bracket that went together just fine with no adjustments to the cable or trimming of the housing. From the sound of it, you had everything needed to make it work so you can now enjoy the view from either direction!