Old 06-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #11
Needs Help

Do you happen to have a link to that video? I searched but have not found it.

Thank you!

Edit: I found them on youtube

Old 06-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #12
Needs Help

He Devilsquid, did you ever try to fit on on your S? I just measured my clearance and it's just a fraction shy of the needed 9.5" they recommend.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_The_Dream View Post
Grey first? I would think you would do the black first so the grey could flush it afterword.

Perhaps this is a learning moment for me.

Your right, Black should be first. But with this setup, it's important to see if there are any leaks before turning the pump on with black water. If for any reason you need to remove the pump, there will be water between the pump and the valve(s).

I open the grey valve first, turn on the pump to see if everything is working properly. Then I shut the grey, open the black. When the black is empty (high pitch motor noise), then I close the black and flush it out with the grey.

All in all it's a very simple procedure that takes less time then the standard slinky setup.

I purchased the portable unit so that I could take it out to save weight if I felt necessary. It was also on sale at the time by $100, Camping World. It probably only weighs 20 lbs, but every pound counts on the Solara.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #14

L-T-D, I bought the "boxed" model and based on their stated dimensions I thought it would fit...it didn't. I thought that I could mount it toward the back of the compartment. I even checked with the manufacturer about placing it an inch or three higher than the outlet (they said that as long as the elevation was not too great it would still work). I'm now trying to come up with a way to mount it outside of the compartment in an added box...any ideas anyone? Meanwhile I combined two 90 degree elbows together to move the connection outside of the compartment. I got tired of snaking a short tube from inside to outside every time I had to dump the tanks.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #15
Needs Help

That sounds like the way to go as far as operation. I just ordered the bayonet "permanent" version. With any luck it will fit and I will be set! I'll keep a slinky on hand just in case.

Thank you!
Old 06-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #16
Needs Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsquid View Post
L-T-D, I bought the "boxed" model and based on their stated dimensions I thought it would fit...it didn't. I thought that I could mount it toward the back of the compartment. I even checked with the manufacturer about placing it an inch or three higher than the outlet (they said that as long as the elevation was not too great it would still work). I'm now trying to come up with a way to mount it outside of the compartment in an added box...any ideas anyone? Meanwhile I combined two 90 degree elbows together to move the connection outside of the compartment. I got tired of snaking a short tube from inside to outside every time I had to dump the tanks.
I measured 9 7/16" clearance so opted for the twist on model. I will post once it arrives. I think (hope) it will fit on mine. I looked at how the box version might work and it looked like it would be a tight fit. I think your external box idea is best. Keep us updated.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #17
Needs Help

I just did a test fit and the twist on version is just a hair too long on mine. I took the switch off and it will go on, but it's pinched between the wall and mount point. Anyone think I would be mad to cut some material from the wall so it would fit? I'm thinking 1/4 inch would do it.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_The_Dream View Post
I just did a test fit and the twist on version is just a hair too long on mine. I took the switch off and it will go on, but it's pinched between the wall and mount point. Anyone think I would be mad to cut some material from the wall so it would fit? I'm thinking 1/4 inch would do it.

Do you have a 24R?
My twist on fits fine on my 2014 25S
Old 06-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #19

I was measuring my 24S and I came up short for the twist on version. Not really sure it's worth the cost anyway.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #20
Needs Help

Mine is a 2014 24s. I'm sure there is some variance in the placement of the tank outlets. I took the two screws and cover off the back and I still have to wrestle with it but once it's on, there is clearance. I also moved the switch. Ill wire it to the battery tomorrow. I may yet take a hole saw and cut through the grey plastic compartment material opposite the dump to make it easier to get on and off.