Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #1

Timbren MBRSP35A soft bump stop kit

This is a soft bump stop kit for the rear of the Solera. I believe it will greatly reduce the body roll when driving at an angle through driveways, mine really rolls side to side as rear slowly crosses these dips. Also this kit should reduce the tilt angle of the Solera in severe cross winds. Has anyone used this? Please review and give your feedback. Thanks

PS would it effect the warranty??
13larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13larry View Post
This is a soft bump stop kit for the rear of the Solera. I believe it will greatly reduce the body roll when driving at an angle through driveways, mine really rolls side to side as rear slowly crosses these dips. Also this kit should reduce the tilt angle of the Solera in severe cross winds. Has anyone used this? Please review and give your feedback. Thanks

PS would it effect the warranty??
I can't imagine why it would affect the warranty. For instance, shock absorbers are generally considered to be user responsibility d/t fair wear. Unless there is welding on the chassis, the chassis warranty apparently is not affected - hence add-on stabilizers can be added if not welded on. Looking at Timbren's install instructions, there's no welding involved. Glad you posted this - I'd never heard of this accessory before - might be something I'll consider, too.

However, don't take my word for it on the warranty. You might want to contact a sprinter dealer and have them install. Dealer installed accessories generally do not void warranties!
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #3

Yes, it looks very interesting. I also would be interested in any feedback from Solera owners who have installed this equipment, and how it deals with the sway crossing driveways, uneven road surfaces when hunting a good boondock site, etc
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote