Old 03-14-2015, 01:47 PM   #11
I have Timbrens on my truck. I love them. They do nothing when empty and to what they are intended to to when loaded. Easy to install and then you forget they are even there, no adjustments or maintenance.

2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
2011 GMC 2500HD Diesel
camper1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:50 PM   #12
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
Look closely, Timbrens replace the factory bump stops with a larger piece that is suppose to act as a helper spring. Some people swear by them, others swear at them. Biggest complaint I have read is harsh ride when not ridding on them. Personally I would pass unless there is some specific reason you feel the need, like overloading? If thats the case, maybe you need to go on a diet and get your RV weight under control. No add ons are going to allow you an increase in load carrying capacity.
Not true.....The Timbrens don't even come into play unless there is a load causing the rear of the trucks to squat down thus bringing them into play. When installed properly there is about an inch or so gap between the bottom of the Timbren and where they would make contact with the axle when under a load. Without a load bringing them into play your truck would ride just the same as always.

Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:03 PM   #13

Originally Posted by MiataHoarder View Post
Installed the Sumo helper springs (Part # SSR 335-47) this afternoon. Very easy installation.

I did not notice any harshness or roughness in ride quality. Didn't really notice much improvement beyond that provided by the previously installed Helwig and Bilsteins. Only felt them working when encountering big bumps.

My opinion (much like bellybuttons - everybody has one) would be that the Helwig made the most difference in ride control. The Bilsteins greatly reduce the rocking motion. The Sumos would be adding a bit of frosting to an already tasty cake.

On to other projects!
X2 The SumoSprings made quite a difference for me.

George & Karen
2014 F150 4X4 5.0L 3.55 Axle
Husky Centerline TS 1200lb 4 point WDH
2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
MountainTrippers is offline   Reply With Quote