Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #21

Thumbs down

Forester already has its own sub-forum (just like Solera) so what is your point OP?

If its that we share a sprinter chassis that's weak. There are a half a dozen other forums on the web that deal in sprinter chassis issues, should we seek to include all of those here as well?
Old 02-12-2015, 12:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousin01 View Post
Forester already has its own sub-forum (just like Solera) so what is your point OP?
I think the original point is that the Forest River sprinter-based RVs are all essentially identical, regardless of the name on the unit. With a few minor exceptions, they share the same chassis, the same floorplans, the same equipment and the same options.

So, as a practical matter, the Forester MBS and Sunseeker MBS share almost everything with the Solera...and almost nothing with the non-MBS Forester and Sunseeker products.

Dave
DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:54 PM   #23
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Like Dave said, Forester MBS and Sunseeker MBS belong in this sub-forum rather than Forester or Sunseeker. I was just saying the future Forester MBS like myself may not find this forum because the name isn't obvious.
HomeOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:55 AM   #24

Any update on renaming the Solera forum to (hopefully) bring in the other Sprinter based models? I've seen some Forester / Sunseeker MBS questions showing up on other forums...

Dave
Old 05-05-2015, 09:02 AM   #25

Quote:

If its that we share a sprinter chassis that's weak. There are a half a dozen other forums on the web that deal in sprinter chassis issues, should we seek to include all of those here as well?
"Solera forum sounds okay too me."

CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #26

I agree with CaptDan, It's the Solera forum. Even if you see one on the road you have to look to see what it is. I just saw a Solera on the interstate just the other day.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #27

Solera Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeOnWheels View Post
Like Dave said, Forester MBS and Sunseeker MBS belong in this sub-forum rather than Forester or Sunseeker. I was just saying the future Forester MBS like myself may not find this forum because the name isn't obvious.
The Solera is still in production and has been around for many more years then the unit you have just bought that has only been in production for less then a year. Lets not put the Solera out to pasture just because you are the new kid in town.
2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
Palmyra,VA
MountainTrippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:43 PM   #28
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTrippers View Post
The Solera is still in production and has been around for many more years then the unit you have just bought that has only been in production for less then a year. Lets not put the Solera out to pasture just because you are the new kid in town.
I didn't make the suggestion out of disrespect or ignorance. I already found this forum myself so it's ok as is. I was only suggesting a more inclusive name for the benefit of others who own a non-Solera brand but haven't found this subforum. Even something as plain as 'Solera/Forester MBS/Sunseeker MBS' would be helpful.
HomeOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #29

I have already expressed my preference on the topic but questions and contributions from everyone are always welcome.

Having said that, with the "cross pollination" of the Solera line it is even more important that forum users include the year and model of their rig in the signature.

Reading a post about a my cousin isn't nearly as interesting as reading one about my brother!
Old 05-06-2015, 01:41 PM   #30
Just a Rookie

Or for those who prefer, Solara and similar MBS versions….
Spokane, WA
717 Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:42 PM   #31
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:

Having said that, with the "cross pollination" of the Solera line it is even more important that forum users include the year and model of their rig in the signature.

Reading a post about a my cousin isn't nearly as interesting as reading one about my brother!
See my new signature? Does it look like a brother or cousin to Solera?
Or perhaps a half-brother
Old 05-06-2015, 02:14 PM   #32
Always Learning

What is the actual organizational structure between these two brands at FR?
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
There have been a variety of posts concerning the differences between the Solera, Sunseeker MBS and Forester MBS. As I understand it, there are minor differences between all three, with the biggest differences being some upgrades on the Forester version relative to the other two. Here's a thread on the topic:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ker-78447.html

That being said, all three are offered in the same floor plans and all are manufactured on the same production line. It's my understanding that there are plans to phase out the Solera brand, for reasons no doubt known to corporate marketing folks, which would leave the Sunseeker as the "entry level" brand, I guess, and the Forester as the "upscale" brand. To me, the differences appear quite limited.

Dave
Old 05-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #34
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Run down the same line, similar to the Winnebago & Itasca structure. they used to run those as very different brands, but that is not the case now.

The name change is simply an attempt to confuse everyone in my efforts to rule the world. (actually the real reason make way more sense, but take way too long to explain)

So let's just say that Sunseeker is Chevy, Forester is Buick. Solera is like Saturn if Saturn was built just like Chevy...but at some point we need to consolidate.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #35

Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Run down the same line, similar to the Winnebago & Itasca structure. they used to run those as very different brands, but that is not the case now.

The name change is simply an attempt to confuse everyone in my efforts to rule the world. (actually the real reason make way more sense, but take way too long to explain)

So let's just say that Sunseeker is Chevy, Forester is Buick. Solera is like Saturn if Saturn was built just like Chevy...but at some point we need to consolidate.
So I guess that puts the Solera @ the low end of things sense that is what the Saturn was in the GM lineup.
Palmyra,VA
Old 05-09-2015, 12:21 PM   #36

That brings up a really interesting question about the industry. In another thread (maybe titled "RV Quality") we spoke about the lack of a middle quality product. It seemed all products were low end quality and high end custom RV's. People lamented that they were unable to spend a bit more money to achieve a better built RV - a middle player. People have expressed a desire to have a better built RV. Whether that was better tires, better frame, axles, roof, etc. It just seemed like many of the units were mass produced too quickly. Maybe a middle quality unit would have a slightly slower line. I think most agree that the workers are qualified. Is it that they have to work too fast to meet production quotas?

Could there be a Lincoln, Mercury, Ford separation? Who knows. Are these all just the same guts with different badges? Probably.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 01:59 PM   #37

Solera is definitely not low end. Ours is exceptionally well equipped and is IMHO nicer than any other class C on the MB Chassis we looked at. I get why FR is consolidating to be less confusing having 3 separate models of the essentially the same thing. My only concern going forward is if Solera name is no longer used it will get a reputation as a one off unit of some kind. I think Winnebago had a MB chassis called the Icon several years ago which is no longer made and has been replaced by another similar model. If I were going to buy new this year I would buy the latest model and name just to keep it more relevant when it comes to resale.

2015 Solera 24R

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:56 PM   #38

Solera Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecopco View Post
Solera is definitely not low end. Ours is exceptionally well equipped and is IMHO nicer than any other class C on the MB Chassis we looked at. I get why FR is consolidating to be less confusing having 3 separate models of the essentially the same thing. My only concern going forward is if Solera name is no longer used it will get a reputation as a one off unit of some kind. I think Winnebago had a MB chassis called the Icon several years ago which is no longer made and has been replaced by another similar model. If I were going to buy new this year I would buy the latest model and name just to keep it more relevant when it comes to resale.

2015 Solera 24R
I think they are equal but different in name. I like my unit but hate that it is discontinued only 2 Yrs after I bought it. Yee HAAA
Palmyra,VA
Old 05-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #39
Commercial Member

Your used value is based off of a formula from NADA and wholesale pricing reports.

Whether the brand name is discontinued or not, shouldn't have a large impact on the used value. Sprinters are getting top dollar on the used market, regardless of which brand.

This is the first time we will be discontinuing a brand name in the 11 years I have been there (the only other was the Ridgeview because we can no longer get that chassis)

In that same time Winnebago started with the Minnie and Minnie Winnie. Those got too expensive so they discontinued those and came out with the higher end Outlook and the entry level Access. Then the Outlook was too much so they dropped that and split the Access into the Access and Access Premier. Then the Access got too expensive so they came out with the Minnie Winnie. They have since dropped the Access altogether and now have the Minne Winnie and Minnie Winnie Premier.

So I feel like we have been pretty consistent.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:09 PM   #40

How about a Forester MBS forum?
t72par is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solera