Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #1

Tire Wear - Alingnment Issues

Well after returning home from a weekend in PA Dutch Country (at 4K miles) I noticed the front tires were starting to cup slightly. A call to the local freightliner dealer sent her to a med duty front end shop in Philly. After much grief of finding the correct specs for the 2010 model year, my suspicions were correct and the toe was out. Called Forest river and they told me they had other unit with same issue and would cover the costs under the guarantee.

Just another thing to keep a look out for....
Freightliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #2

We fortunately have great tire wear after over 10K miles. Glad you were able to resolve your issue w/ Forest River!

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
Lottery Non-Winner

Isn't the toe setting a routine alignment parameter? Covered by the factory? Why?

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:04 AM   #4

Typically its not covered by warranty, so this appears to be a "good-will" gesture by FR in my view. That's a good thing.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #5

Next door neighbor has similar issue with his 2012 Salem. Mine are starting to show some wear as well. They determined that the neighbors is not a toe issue but an axle issue covered by warranty.
I will run mine in during the spring for a couple of issues and get tehm to look at it. However getting warranty work performed in Canada with Forest River is difficult due to this being an American trailer purchase.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #6

I confess, didn't think it would be covered either, but to see wear issues prior to 5k miles indicates an issue for sure.

BTW forest river also agreed to replace rear bumper due to a large chip that had been there since delivery but has since started to rust...
Freightliner is offline   Reply With Quote