Old 02-26-2016, 04:49 PM   #11

With my HR-V, I take the key / fob with me. I think it's the same system on the Fit, but I don't know that for certain.

I generally leave the key in the car, exit the driver's door, enter the passenger door, lock the doors, exit, and close the passenger door. I use the physical key (available in the key fob) to open the door when I'm done towing. I think the physical key may also be able to lock the driver's door once you're outside (to avoid the back and forth on the passenger side...)

Dave

Old 02-26-2016, 07:09 PM   #12

You are correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
With my HR-V, I take the key / fob with me. I think it's the same system on the Fit, but I don't know that for certain.

I generally leave the key in the car, exit the driver's door, enter the passenger door, lock the doors, exit, and close the passenger door. I use the physical key (available in the key fob) to open the door when I'm done towing. I think the physical key may also be able to lock the driver's door once you're outside (to avoid the back and forth on the passenger side...)

Dave
Simply use the physical key to lock the doors from either side - it will electrically lock all the doors. No need to do the back and forth thing.

For the OP - pushing the start/stop button once puts the car into accessory mode and unlocks the steering wheel. The system will power down in about 30 minutes or so on it's own, but will NOT lock the steering wheel. For those of us with Patriot (or similar) braking systems, we had to devise a 12VDC accessory port that is always powered - as the factory one in the vehicle is also depowered after the 30 minute time out. I learned this the hard way leaving on our first long trip...

We use a drop receiver on our 2015 Fit to get our Blue Ox towbar parallel with the ground. I expect the Roadmaster is the same.

Tags
towing