Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2017, 03:01 PM   #1

TV Recommendation for bedroom in 24R

Our 2014 24R came with a TV in the living area above the overhead bunk but no TV in the bedroom. It is wired for 110 and and has a 12 volt cig lighter plug there. We want to mount a TV that has a built in DVD player. We do not want it to be tied to the front unit. Just to be fully controlled in the bedroom. Any suggestions on what to buy (or not to buy) and where to buy it? We want the largest that will fit. Also what mount to use would be helpful. Thanks for any advice you might have. Also I would like to know what the largest TV size that will fit. 24" will for sure but will a 27" or a 32" fit?
DRZ2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

We had this *24" RCA/DVD Combo* in the bedroom of our last 5th wheel. It worked well.

You mentioned your rig being 'wired and has a 12v outlet'.
You will need 120v for the one I recommended.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #3

Thank you. I was not clear and I meant it is wired for both 110 and 12 volt but most likely I will get one with just 110 capability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
We had this *24" RCA/DVD Combo* in the bedroom of our last 5th wheel. It worked well.

You mentioned your rig being 'wired and has a 12v outlet'.
You will need 120v for the one I recommended.
DRZ2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:01 PM   #4

We had the dealer install a 24" Visio smart tv that I purchased at WalMart along with the mount for about $250 when we picked up our 24R. Just plugged it in and connected the coax cable. It doesn't have the built in DVD player but you can get Netflix and other internet media sources if you plan to travel with internet data plan. You also get the antenna over the air HD channels. I recommend securing the tv with a bungee cord and some eye hooks to keep the TV from moving around while traveling.

2015 Solera 24R

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #5

I use a 19" 12 volt on a swing out arm. The mount will slide up and off and I store the tv on the front bed for traveling.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:40 AM   #6
2018 FR3 30DS

TV reccommendations for 24R

Got a 2015R. It came with a tv, mounting swivel bracket, 12 volt outlet, 110 volt outlet and tv connector outlet for the rear tv.
Since having my first Solera 24S back in 2011, I got Direct TV and bought a VuQube satellite finder. I have had great success since then.
Now, with the 24R, there are tv outlets on each side of the rig..passenger side and driver side. I went under the kitchen counter and disconnected the wire to the front tv and cabled it so that it goes directly from the passenger side connector to the bedroom tv. Of couse, it requires a Direct TV box as does the front one. The VUQube has two outlets which allows you to watch two tv's at the same time.

Not pushing VuQube, but they make for Dish, Direct TV and another provider. King Industries is who makes them..

I replaced the back tv with a 20 inch hitachi from Sam's Club...don't think they make this model any more but it's very light..hardly 2 pounds, so there's very little weight on the thin wall.

The tv cabling in the 24r is a little confusing, especially if you go from outside antenna to Direct TV...No instructions from FR so you have to keep trying.
Hope this helps..any questions..will try to answer.
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ2021 View Post
Our 2014 24R came with a TV in the living area above the overhead bunk but no TV in the bedroom. It is wired for 110 and and has a 12 volt cig lighter plug there. We want to mount a TV that has a built in DVD player. We do not want it to be tied to the front unit. Just to be fully controlled in the bedroom. Any suggestions on what to buy (or not to buy) and where to buy it? We want the largest that will fit. Also what mount to use would be helpful. Thanks for any advice you might have. Also I would like to know what the largest TV size that will fit. 24" will for sure but will a 27" or a 32" fit?
my Solera 24S came with an 18" TV in the "bedroom" which I immediately removed ( except for testing, I haven't even used the front unit )

packaged up, it weighs about 15 # --- if you want it, email me a UPS (only)
label for shipping from 30 Pine Cone Way, Boise, ID 83716 to your address ( my Dau. is heading into Boise tomorrow )

h@ipolyi.com

TV has integral DVD in right side, all pieces are there, wall plate w/ screws, attached (horizontal only) swing arm, 12V plug also 110V adapter, remote, antenna cable, manuals

Tags
bed, roo