Old 11-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #11
GM

Rotocase is the gray plastic box that is the actually storage portion.

They "rotate" the mold so that the material flows evenly through all the little nooks and crannies.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Rotocase is the gray plastic box that is the actually storage portion.

They "rotate" the mold so that the material flows evenly through all the little nooks and crannies.

Thank you, sir! We'll have the dealer take a look at that.
Appreciate your quick response!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #13

We had water in the driver side rear compartment of our new Solera. Took RV to dealer. They sprayed something to seal it. It has basically been water free since fixed by dealer. I understand it was an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzasus View Post
We had water in the driver side rear compartment of our new Solera. Took RV to dealer. They sprayed something to seal it. It has basically been water free since fixed by dealer. I understand it was an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thanks very much for your reply! Ours is going in for a few other warranty items in a few weeks.
Best regards,
Mary Ann

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #15

I found the leak

As has been mentioned on several other threads, the Soleras are prone to water accumulating in the storage compartments. Mine is no different. I had one particularly nasty problem with the driverside compartment. I kept finding water in that compartment even though I installed all new seals and siliconed any screw perforations. Finally I discovered that water would accumulate there even if there was no rain! While I was drying out that compartment again, I noticed a drip coming from the compartment where the water pump was housed. I proceeded to remove the entire compartment cover and voila, there it was: A leak from the joint where the water supply line entered the winterizing valve. On closer inspection I discovered that the plastic nut attaching this line was cracked, as typically happens when you over torque it. And because the cracked fitting was approx. four inches above the floor of the fresh water tank, it would only leak when the tank was filled more than half, and since that tank is most of the time empty, the leak would only occur rarely. Then I made a discovery that really raised my eyebrows: Instead of replacing the cracked nut, the genius craftsmen at Forest River came up with an inexpensive solution. Cover up the crack with a piece of electrical tape. It worked for a couple of years until the tape started to unravel and the crack became visible.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:58 PM   #16
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswiss View Post
As has been mentioned on several other threads, the Soleras are prone to water accumulating in the storage compartments. Mine is no different. I had one particularly nasty problem with the driverside compartment. I kept finding water in that compartment even though I installed all new seals and siliconed any screw perforations. Finally I discovered that water would accumulate there even if there was no rain! While I was drying out that compartment again, I noticed a drip coming from the compartment where the water pump was housed. I proceeded to remove the entire compartment cover and voila, there it was: A leak from the joint where the water supply line entered the winterizing valve. On closer inspection I discovered that the plastic nut attaching this line was cracked, as typically happens when you over torque it. And because the cracked fitting was approx. four inches above the floor of the fresh water tank, it would only leak when the tank was filled more than half, and since that tank is most of the time empty, the leak would only occur rarely. Then I made a discovery that really raised my eyebrows: Instead of replacing the cracked nut, the genius craftsmen at Forest River came up with an inexpensive solution. Cover up the crack with a piece of electrical tape. It worked for a couple of years until the tape started to unravel and the crack became visible.
Super glue it and put a hose clamp around it.

Tags
forester, storage, water