Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 50
water pressure

Is there a way to increase the water pressure?
The water pressure on the inside of the coach is much lower than what I am used to from previous coaches. Interestingly, the pressure at the 'blue' outside hose is fine - so it looks like there is some chocking point for the water going to the inside plumbing.
__________________

__________________
dswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,400
While the answer may in fact be no, your question may be easier to answer if you post some information, for example, what unit do you have and how old is it? If you are under warranty, have you spoken to your dealer about this? Has the water pressure changed since you picked up the unit? Have you tried it with different sources, using the 12v pump, etc?
__________________

__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dswiss View Post
Is there a way to increase the water pressure?
The water pressure on the inside of the coach is much lower than what I am used to from previous coaches. Interestingly, the pressure at the 'blue' outside hose is fine - so it looks like there is some chocking point for the water going to the inside plumbing.
If you have a water filter inline you can remove the filter to see if it needs to be replaced. Just leave it out and see if the pressure increases.
Does the water pressure increase if you use your 12 volt pump?
If you have a water regulator ouside in the hose line remove it and see if it is malfunctioning or has dirt in it.
You can also remove the sink, shower heads and see if you have junk built up in them.

Let us know
Thanks.
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
If you have a water filter inline you can remove the filter to see if it needs to be replaced. Just leave it out and see if the pressure increases.
Does the water pressure increase if you use your 12 volt pump?
If you have a water regulator ouside in the hose line remove it and see if it is malfunctioning or has dirt in it.
You can also remove the sink, shower heads and see if you have junk built up in them.

Let us know
Thanks.
Iggy covered it all.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 50
Yes, thanks. It's a new 2013 Solera. the filter is not installed, and yes, I have a pressure regulator on the park outlet, but that's not the problem because as I said, the pressure at the auxiliary blue hose (which comes from the RV - after the regulator) is fine.
I will eventually have to discuss it with the dealer when I get back, although their answer is usually: 'it's normal'!
__________________
dswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Taylorgso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 775
If you've bypassed the big filter, then you might check the little filter screen at the water hose connection... they often get clogged up and slow down the flow. If that doesn't work, you probably have a kinked hose somewhere in the coach. Does the problem present in both the kitchen galley and in the bathroom, and in the hot water taps? If so, there's probably a kink between the street connection and the manifold that distributes the water to various locations. If it's just one place, the kink would be past the manifold.
__________________
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
2012 Solera
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 986
Check the pressure while water is flowing - open a valve or three and then read the pressure. Your regulator may be properly adjusting pressure with low or zero flow, but not able to maintain at normal flow. I had a problem when I attached a pressure regulator to some park outlets - I believe the outlets I had trouble with may have already had a regulator; two regulators in series overly restricted flow rate.
__________________
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
If you've bypassed the big filter, then you might check the little filter screen at the water hose connection... they often get clogged up and slow down the flow. If that doesn't work, you probably have a kinked hose somewhere in the coach. Does the problem present in both the kitchen galley and in the bathroom, and in the hot water taps? If so, there's probably a kink between the street connection and the manifold that distributes the water to various locations. If it's just one place, the kink would be past the manifold.
Yes, that makes sense. the pressure is low on every outlet inside the coach, but not on the outside outlet.
Thanks.
__________________
dswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
jimh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lake Charles, La.
Posts: 1,531
water saver faucets? the rest has been covered.

when i switched from my '84 to an 02', my water pressure wasn't/isn't what the old one was. regulator is same. complained to dealer, they changed the filter...it didn't help. i had already removed the filter to check that. even removed the regulator.
water saver faucets is what someone suggested. don't know if that is it or not. just got useto it..
__________________
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Taylorgso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh View Post
water saver faucets? the rest has been covered.

when i switched from my '84 to an 02', my water pressure wasn't/isn't what the old one was. regulator is same. complained to dealer, they changed the filter...it didn't help. i had already removed the filter to check that. even removed the regulator.
water saver faucets is what someone suggested. don't know if that is it or not. just got useto it..
jimh
That's a real possibility, and one I hadn't thought of. Our present MH is a '93 model, and has great pressure at the faucets. Have a new Solera on order to take delivery next week, and it will be interesting to see if it has the same water pressure problem. It hadn't crossed my mind about the water saver faucets. That won't bother me too much except at the shower. May have to change out the shower head - there are shower heads that although the flow rate remains the same can make it feel like the spray is stronger. Actually, a reduced flow may be beneficial in some respects in that it may result in using a little less water for hand washing, etc... would save water when dry camping.
__________________

__________________
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.