Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
Needs Help

What to get after a Solera

After two years and 20k miles and many nights in our 24s we are looking toward our next rv. This Solera has been a joy to camp and travel in.

We have decided to go with a bumper pull next. I have a F150 that tow up to 11k lbs. we want to stay around 30ft. I love the cabinets and windows in our Solera so am looking for frameless Window and nice cabinets in the next one. Also a bigger bathroom, bed we can get to both sides of, more kitchen counter and more seating options.

It will be sad to see this old girl go.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:35 PM   #2

I just sold my beloved Solera - after 3 years and almost 30K.....since 2 days I have my new Forester 2401W, that is an amazing floorplan!
Entegra 27A Oct 2021 - ?
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:36 PM   #3
Needs Help

That is a nice floor plan. We just are trying to reduce our motorized fleet. I just got a new truck and it's so much quieter on the road. We also really want more kitchen counter.

After a quick look at a local(ish) dealer we only see Jayco White Hawk with frameless Windows. It looks like a nice unit with features we are after.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:26 PM   #4

My Sister and her husband recently bought a Lance TT and I really like it. Very nice floor plan and comes very nicely equipped.
Ogsarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:20 AM   #5

Have you had a trailer before? I went from motorhome to trailer once - for me, it was just too much hassle. Now its motorhomes forever!

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:37 AM   #6

Love our 2015 V-Lite 30WFKSS. Lots of counter space, lots of storage space, large bedroom & bathroom.

Our previous trailer was a Salem 27RKSS which we absolutely loved, as well. The Salem also had lots of counter space, good sized bathroom & walk around bed.

Our only reason for trading, was falling in love with the floor plan of the 30WFKSS.

**Note the satellite receiver is no longer hanging on the floor in front of the fire place, it is now located in the cabinet above the TV. lol
CountryGirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #7
Needs Help

We have started looking at campers. So many choices out there. Traveling home from our most recent adventure we had a lot of time to discuss the pro's and cons of motorhome vs ?. One thing we were reminded of as we returned to the HOT climate where we live... in order to keep the comfort up, you really need to blast the air. That adds to the louder than normal cabin vs a truck. My truck stays cool and is so quiet in comparison.

After towing a car a few times, I really don't see a camper as more trouble. When pulling a car getting diesel anywhere but a truck lane is often stressful. No doubt we will miss the convenience of the motorhome.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living_The_Dream View Post
We have started looking at campers. So many choices out there. Traveling home from our most recent adventure we had a lot of time to discuss the pro's and cons of motorhome vs ?. One thing we were reminded of as we returned to the HOT climate where we live... in order to keep the comfort up, you really need to blast the air. That adds to the louder than normal cabin vs a truck. My truck stays cool and is so quiet in comparison.

After towing a car a few times, I really don't see a camper as more trouble. When pulling a car getting diesel anywhere but a truck lane is often stressful. No doubt we will miss the convenience of the motorhome.
If you're traveling with a trailer attached to your truck don't you have the same issue? I know you're mind is made up. I just brought up the question because I didn't want to see someone make the same mistake I did. But I understand we all may see things from a different perspective and have different priorities, which is why we have both trailers and motorhomes to begin with! I quit towing cars too because of the hassle, although I still can if I want to. Where I go I usually stay put and have no need for a car. I like to travel lite and simple.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:58 AM   #9
Needs Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
If you're traveling with a trailer attached to your truck don't you have the same issue? I know you're mind is made up. I just brought up the question because I didn't want to see someone make the same mistake I did. But I understand we all may see things from a different perspective and have different priorities, which is why we have both trailers and motorhomes to begin with! I quit towing cars too because of the hassle, although I still can if I want to. Where I go I usually stay put and have no need for a car. I like to travel lite and simple.
Towing a car with the solera and knowing you cannot back up is what I say is more challenging than pulling a camper. Also the Solera is Diesel so lane choices are often limited. I don't like the truck lanes as often there is spilled diesel on the ground and pump handle, plus I don't want to delay a working driver.

My truck is gas, so fuel will always be easier to position for. Plus I am skilled enough backing a trailer. I won't be worried about getting into a situation I cannot back out of.

Tags
solera