Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2016, 10:52 AM   #21

Ok, a little more information on the method I used to correct toe-in. If your MB is on the ground and your engine is off, you will have sufficient resistance to "pivot" the toe-in issue, WITHOUT transferring a vector force through the steering rack and out to the other side. So, for my discussion purpose in this thread, it will not effect the other wheel in my explained procedure. See what sleeping at a Hol Inn Express can do!
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:43 PM   #22
RCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Ok, a little more information on the method I used to correct toe-in. If your MB is on the ground and your engine is off, you will have sufficient resistance to "pivot" the toe-in issue, WITHOUT transferring a vector force through the steering rack and out to the other side. So, for my discussion purpose in this thread, it will not effect the other wheel in my explained procedure. See what sleeping at a Hol Inn Express can do!
This could not be more wrong! If you make a toe adjustment it affects total toe which will affect both tires.
RCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:48 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCW View Post
This could not be more wrong! If you make a toe adjustment it affects total toe which will affect both tires.
X2!
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #24

Gee guys, you left out in your opinion! Funny thing though, it worked.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:29 PM   #25
RCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Gee guys, you left out in your opinion! Funny thing though, it worked.
It is not an opinion it is fact! Toe will not cause a wear on one frt tire it will cause wear on both.

40yrs experience as an auto tech. Mercedes Benz master tech. Shop Foreman Mercedes Benz dealer.
RCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #26
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcw View Post
it is not an opinion it is fact! Toe will not cause a wear on one frt tire it will cause wear on both...
That's a fact, Jack!!!
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCW View Post
It is not an opinion it is fact! Toe will not cause a wear on one frt tire it will cause wear on both.

40yrs experience as an auto tech. Mercedes Benz master tech. Shop Foreman Mercedes Benz dealer.
But, I slept at a Holiday Inn Express the night before the alignment!.

Hey, glad to have you aboard. Can you add your expierence in a new thread on why the bluetec system on the MB sprinters are causing an inordinate amount of NOX sensor failures, and what if there is anything we can do about known or unknown customer coutesy extended warranties. That would be most appreciated.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:07 AM   #28

I am getting wear on the outside with slight cupping has just begin on the R/Front tire only and I can feel it in the steering wheel ever so slightly. Looks like I also need an alignment now @ 20,000 miles.
CaptDan
Solera "S"
FamCamp Lackland AFB, Texas

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09282.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	113733  
CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment, wheel