Old 12-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #11

Question of charging the chassis battery when on shore power. I had always imagined that while on shore power the chassis battery would be kept charged. Evidently this is not the case. Could someone verify this?

Old 12-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #12

I do not see how to start a new thread. There was an old thread about the possibility of installing a swivel seat on the passenger side. This would be nice BUT I don't see how the seat would be useful when rotated as the floor level on the coach is much higher than the floor level in the cab. It seems to me the seat would need a "jack" to raise it up over 8 inches in order to sit on it. Has anyone actually installed a swivel seat? If so could you post a picture and tell us what swivel mechanism you used?

Old 12-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danperryy View Post
I do not see how to start a new thread. There was an old thread about the possibility of installing a swivel seat on the passenger side. This would be nice BUT I don't see how the seat would be useful when rotated as the floor level on the coach is much higher than the floor level in the cab. It seems to me the seat would need a "jack" to raise it up over 8 inches in order to sit on it. Has anyone actually installed a swivel seat? If so could you post a picture and tell us what swivel mechanism you used?
If you have an older Solera without the swivel, you should know the swivel mechanism adds approximately 1.5" to the minimum height of the seat. Additionally, the seats can be ratcheted (or jacked) upward. Nevertheless, you are correct in assuming the seats are still near the floor level of the coach when rotated. The effect you'll have is that of sitting in a recliner chair, with your feet somewhat extended in a horizontal plane. Very comfortable. I am speaking from the standpoint of having added the rotating mechanism; the newer Sprinters come with a rotating seat; I haven't seen one, so I can't speak to these newer ones.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #14

I have the a 2014 Solera with the slightly lower floor and the swivels. It would be better if the seats raised higher than they do, but they work ok as a recliner. Better seat for a short person.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #15

The swivel seats are great and comfy! Add a stepstool and you have a perfect recliner; the TV is mounted with a quick disconnect and goes on the kitchen counter - I love to spent the evening in my "recliner"!

sorry for the hijack but it wasn't me
Old 12-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #16

I like the step stool and tv idea. That would definitely work well.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #17

To start a new thread, navigate to the forum you want to create the thread.
Click on "New Thread" and type away.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 12-20-2013 9-48-55 AM.pdf (36.0 KB, 11 views)