Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2015, 12:57 AM   #1

Where is the slide motor in a 24 W.

I just purchased a 2016 Solera 24 W. The manual shows how to manually retract the slide by using a hex wrench on the motor. Where's the motor?

(In my previous camper I totally lost power and learned the hard way to know how to retract everything manually).

If you can answer that, can you point me in the right direction on manually raising the stabilizers?
smiskiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:47 AM   #2

Slide-out motor loation

There are two motors for the slide-out system. Schwintek has several videos to educate you on the mechanism. Here is one that shows where the motors are located and how to remove them.

Here is a video on trouble-shooting the system.

Retiming the system:

Lubricating the system:
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:40 AM   #3

Thanks Harry,

Now that I know where the motors are, it looks like it would be impossible to manually retract the slide using a drill, like the manual says. I suppose I would have to remove the motors, like the first video shows, and try to push the slide in manually. That would be quite a chore, I'm sure, while my wife and I are out boondocking somewhere. I just hope that when that happens, four or five strong men wander by to help.

Any idea on how to raise the stabilizers manually? I'm trying to figure out how to be able to move this thing and bug out of a remote camp site if these things fail. That happened to me once with my camper, but fortunately it was just a blown fuse. But it got me thinking ahead about doing these things manually.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiskiel View Post
Thanks Harry,

Now that I know where the motors are, it looks like it would be impossible to manually retract the slide using a drill, like the manual says. I suppose I would have to remove the motors, like the first video shows, and try to push the slide in manually. That would be quite a chore, I'm sure, while my wife and I are out boondocking somewhere. I just hope that when that happens, four or five strong men wander by to help.

Any idea on how to raise the stabilizers manually? I'm trying to figure out how to be able to move this thing and bug out of a remote camp site if these things fail. That happened to me once with my camper, but fortunately it was just a blown fuse. But it got me thinking ahead about doing these things manually.
Does the W have the in wall system? I did not think so.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #5

I don't know. I looked for the motors in all of the obvious places, but couldn't find them. It seems like Forest River should have a manual that tells us these things. Surely we should all know how to get our RVs on the road if there's a malfunction.

Unfortunately I'm working today, so I did not have a chance to check the place that was shown in the video. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

Still no input on getting the stabilizers up manually. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

We bought this thing because we're going to retire in three years and spend about three years on the road, camping in some really remote places. Just need to be prepared for anything....
Old 08-04-2015, 05:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiskiel View Post
I don't know. I looked for the motors in all of the obvious places, but couldn't find them. It seems like Forest River should have a manual that tells us these things. Surely we should all know how to get our RVs on the road if there's a malfunction.

Unfortunately I'm working today, so I did not have a chance to check the place that was shown in the video. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

Still no input on getting the stabilizers up manually. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

We bought this thing because we're going to retire in three years and spend about three years on the road, camping in some really remote places. Just need to be prepared for anything....
If you don't have the four gear tracks; two on each side (top and bottom), your motor is located other that what is shown in the video. Probably in the underside.

As far as the stabilizers I would think you would need to disconnect the hydraulic line and push them up manually and sure with straps.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #7

O.k., got home from work and checked. The video link you sent was correct. The manual was wrong!
Old 08-05-2015, 12:11 PM   #8

If its not a schwintek then the motor is under the slide and easy to get to. If it is a shwintek then also check the video on how to over ride the system to bring it in.
j free is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide