Old 08-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #11

This is what I am thinking of doing:
Chevy RV Seat Bases,driver,passenger seat bases

I think it will be a rather simple task. I won't do the driver seat because the dinette would interfere.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #12

not to sound critical But-you guys build all sorts of rv's. you can't put a swivel on passenger side? you put in whole slides-what's the problem

Old 08-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #13
GM

Mercedes is the problem. They will not allow us to do aftermarket seats. So we either have to buy their option of swivel seats driver AND passenger, or just regular seats.

They have very, very specific requirements of what we can and can't do to their chassis. Otherwise we void the warranty.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Mercedes is the problem. They will not allow us to do aftermarket seats. So we either have to buy their option of swivel seats driver AND passenger, or just regular seats.

They have very, very specific requirements of what we can and can't do to their chassis. Otherwise we void the warranty.
does that mean that anybody who puts in aftermarket seats voids their warranty
Old 08-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
GM

Warranty on the unit...no. Liability if that seat malfunctions in some way during impact. Probably yes.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 08-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #16

We have installed swivel seat bases in our unit. Use them every time we camp. It actually make the unit feel larger cause it frees up usable space when the are facing backwards. I say they would be worth close to double the $500 or so they cost me. Instalation was easy and fast. Very strudy construction and all the components are thicker and stronger then the rest of Merecedes factory seat bases. I can't see them malfuntioning if unstalled correctly.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #17

Who want's swivel seats? Me. I had them in my RoadTrek RS Adventurous (Sprinter van) and then were very useful. I will probably just add it on the passenger side in my Murphy bed Solera because the driver seat is blocked out by the side of the recliners, so it wouldn't be useful.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #18
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Wills View Post
Who want's swivel seats? Me. I had them in my RoadTrek RS Adventurous (Sprinter van) and then were very useful. I will probably just add it on the passenger side in my Murphy bed Solera because the driver seat is blocked out by the side of the recliners, so it wouldn't be useful.
Thus our dilemma. The passenger seats makes the most sense, but they don't offer just one, it has to be both. Not very cost effective.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Thus our dilemma. The passenger seats makes the most sense, but they don't offer just one, it has to be both. Not very cost effective.
your competitors buy it with swivel seats.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #20
GM

Yes...and compare the prices.