Old 10-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #31

I wondered how much use they are

I was thinking of adding them but since its just my wife and me and we spend most of our time outside when we camp (not full timers)

Old 10-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
I wondered how much use they are

I was thinking of adding them but since its just my wife and me and we spend most of our time outside when we camp (not full timers)
When we have 20 cousins camping with us for a reunion, and we are the only RV, we get a lot of people inside during meal preparation. The 24R has very little counter space. Our folding Trail,manor had more. By converting the two front seats to swivel and adding a table for them we will gain one seat for someone to assist with meal prep plus the adjacent seat for the supervisor of same.

Other than this annual reunion nearly ever trip is to go ride ATVs. So besides the two of us we have our daughter (32) son (29) and his wife (30) and as of Sept. 1 our first grandchild, who has never been camping, YET!

ATV trailer for the following toys
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Scrambler 500
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #33

Funny

I do all my cooking outside
I barbecue most meals and use my outdoor propane stove (2 40,000 btu burners ) to do any cooking
I haven't used inside stove or oven
Only microwave to make popcorn
I see your situation the swivel would be helpful
We use the oven for storage
Old 10-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #34

I know your weather in SD and the desert rather well. Daughter (32) is a UCSD grad. I have relatives in Oceanside. I see your point.

We camp mostly in the central Sierras. Two years ago, on Memorial weekend, we got 2 inches of snow. Very pretty in the morning. It was all melted before 10AM. This was at 8,000 feet on the Sonora Pass highway. Highway 108 was closed for the season from 2 miles past where we turned off all the way to the bottom of the eastern slopes.

The year before we were at Bass Lake near Yosemite, at around 4,000 feet. We did not get any snow, but we did get more than an inch of rain. Riding ATVs and motorcycles in the rain and mud is fun, but cooking and eating in it is not fun.

Our first trip in the 24R will probably be Big Sur in December. I am certain it will be wet. If not rain then it will be dew dripping off of the redwood canopy.

We cook and eat outside as much as possible. Sometimes the weather does not co-operate.

Our first grandchild was born on September 1. For the next 5 years or so I will not be surprised tht in bad weather he would rather be in the MH with grandparents than in the tent with his parents.
ATV trailer for the following toys
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Scrambler 500
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:40 AM   #35

The main reason I pushed for a solera was to camp in the Sierra and not go broke getting there
We went to Sedona and averaged better than 15 mpg
I'm just not sure spending 244 for the swivel mech makes sense but if my 3 kids actually give me grand kids maybe they would be useful
The compeditors. Actually had swivels that raised up after they swiveled but I liked the solera better
I will wait till I happen to camp and see a solera with the swivels before I install them
Old 10-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #36
GM

Pretty sure all the Solera seats raise up. There is a little lever that you crank (looks like an E-brake) and that raises the seat up 1.5" or so.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #37

Your right
There is a lever that you pump
You said it raises up about 1.5 inch
And the swivel addition adds another 1.5 inch
I would like to see a pix of the fully raised seat with the swivel
Our salesman said it was a waste of money due to the solera's floor height
Old 10-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #38
2012 Solera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
Your right
There is a lever that you pump
You said it raises up about 1.5 inch
And the swivel addition adds another 1.5 inch
I would like to see a pix of the fully raised seat with the swivel
Our salesman said it was a waste of money due to the solera's floor height
See my reply this thread. That's how high they go.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
How important are swivel seats on the Sprinter. What would it be worth? There is a long debate to keep the price low, but yet "do these swivel?" is one of the first questions I get at shows.
It is important. I am deciding between navion and solera right now. I want the swivel seats! If I choose solera I will get them installed or do it myself with aftermarket product.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #40
GM

You should look at the posts below...I was clarifying some spec comparisons.

Propane capacity

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote