Old 01-31-2016, 03:25 PM   #11

Deepest condolences! We have just gotten a Forester 2401R which is the successor to the Solera and about to head out on some trips this year. Whether or not to keep yours is a very personal decision because it can be fun but I'm sure it's full of memories too that you may want to leave right where they are. Best of luck in working that through and in finding a good buyer if you do decide to sell. Sorry I don't have any advice on that topic as haven't sold one yet.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:05 PM   #12

I, too, experienced the unexpected loss of my husband in 2012. Gut wrenching, soul searing. We are sisters.
We had a 30 ft Hurricane which I was afraid to drive in cities. It sat in the driveway for 8 mos and I decided I was not done RVing. It was traded in on a 23 ft FR Sunseeker, I got a Honda CRV, two dogs, and off we went. It has been great!!! I now have a traveling companion...you just never know. The folks on this site have been very helpful when I have questions. You already have a RV you can handle. You go girl !! See ya on the road.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:28 PM   #13

This has little to do with your RV but you might listen to Neil Sedaka's recording of Rosemary Blue. It made me cry at first but then it helped a lot in accepting, adjusting and moving on.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiewaggie View Post
I, too, experienced the unexpected loss of my husband in 2012. Gut wrenching, soul searing. We are sisters.
We had a 30 ft Hurricane which I was afraid to drive in cities. It sat in the driveway for 8 mos and I decided I was not done RVing. It was traded in on a 23 ft FR Sunseeker, I got a Honda CRV, two dogs, and off we went. It has been great!!! I now have a traveling companion...you just never know. The folks on this site have been very helpful when I have questions. You already have a RV you can handle. You go girl !! See ya on the road.
There is no better assurance than from someone who has been there and done that.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:50 PM   #15

Has anyone experienced or know anyone that has consigned the sale of a TT through camping world. Good idea or not?
Camping Days 2013 - 24
Camping Days 2014 - 21
Projected Camping Days 2015 - 30
Loneeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:45 PM   #16

Thank you for all your kind messages, everyone!
I have received a good amount of information from
you in posts and private messages!

I appreciate the time you spent sending info to me!
Now, I am starting to look at the motorhome from
a different angle ....

I am signing out now, Forum friends!
Widow Mrb1

Happy and safe travels to all!
Old 01-31-2016, 06:05 PM   #17

I personally Lost my wife, the Rv sat for a year then I started using it then later met a companion. I consigned that TT to PPL motorhomes in Houston, 90 days later I had a check for almost what I paid for it new. Yes they charge 10% but that is all, no hidden charges. I bought a Fiver and am still going.
I have a friend who bought a Nice class C from CW then a few months later found that he had cancer. he put it on consignment at CW where he bought it with no results a year later. He took it somewhere else and traded down for a small TT just to get rid of it.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:10 PM   #18

Don't sell it. Use it as part of the life you will lead now. I am so sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you in your pain. I lost my husband 25 years ago. Worked hard, raised my sons, saved my money. Retired 2 years ago and bought my Class C motorhome. I've traveled 16,000 in those 2 years and have had no problems traveling alone but I am careful about where I stay. People are so friendly and there are so many places to see that I find I get bored and lonely when I go home. Make a plan for your future before you sell.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:21 PM   #19
jkoenig24

Condolences on your loss. Have you checked on: RVTrader.com: RV Sales - Class A, B, C Motorhomes, Travel Trailers, & Pop Up Camper RVs For Sale ? Free to register. You can see your specific model and gauge how much it's actually selling for. I don't remember if they charge to post a private ad. Do you have any local resources? There are radio stations that allow listeners to call in with items they want to sell. If any local radio stations offer this free service, write up a short but detailed description and call in at the appropriate time. The DJ will actually put you on the air and you get to read your information. You also give a contact phone number. Interested listeners will call you. Some stations accept mail in items and, will read your postcard on the air. In my area, the program is called Swap & Shop. As mentioned, there are RV groups for solo women. You CAN continue to RV if you choose to. Good luck!
Old 01-31-2016, 08:27 PM   #20

2X on the posts, sorry for your loss; keep your faith ,it will help you make decisions . If yo u enjoy camping , continue , you did say you are comfortable hooking up and driving give yourself some time to decide.

Tags
2014, solera