Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #21
GM

For future reference, just PM me and I can put you in touch with a dealer in the area that can accommodate your purchase, save you all the worry about driving and if the local will cover warranty. I cover Colorado to Alaska, not including the 4 southwest states.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #22

Make sure you have good insurance and it is up to date!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #23

Winter Driving

Yes, I am now heavily insured...so that should take care of any unexpected "issues." Thank you all so much!
Old 03-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #24

I am considering trading my 2008 Winnebago View on a new Solera. One thing that we use in the View all the time is an electrical outlet (110v) at the dinette booth. This is extremely useful for using my laptop (I use this unit for business as well as pleasure). There appears to be no outlet in the dinette area. Could one be supplied or has anyone added one later. Would it be very difficult. Seems as though an outlet in this area would be a no brainer.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #25

winter drivng

I was disappointed to not have an outlet at the dinette, but there is one near the floor under the sink, oddly, that works perfectly. Why are you thinking of trading a View for a Solera?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #26

Trading View for Solera

We really liked the interior of the 24S - while not much different in floorplan, because the slide opens with the panty and closet - it feels much more open. We travel with three dogs - a 100 lb Golden, a 95 lb. Lab, and a 55 pound Lab/Pit mix.

One other issue is that there is lots more exterior storage and I really like the locking doors as opposed to the doors on the View.

Have not made the decision yet, but are seriously considering. We have been quite happy with the View - it is a 2008 - although I never have gotten more than an average of 12.5 miles per gallon. Maybe that will go up with the newer Bluetec diesel engine in the newer chassis.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #27

winter driving

I looked at the View and could not afford it. The Solera seems to be a good alternative, more affordable for me. It had everything I need. It sounds, tho, like your View is doing just fine for you. Why are you thinking you want to replace it?

I have two dogs, a golden retriever and a border collie mix. There seems to be plenty of room for the three of us. The slide makes all the difference space-wise.

MPG seems to be related to how I drive, as much as anything. I think 14 mpg is reasonable, but there are lots of variables, of course. Lots still left to learn about it. But it keeps doing what i need it to do. Of course, I have not de-winterized it yet, so we'll see how the water system works. Soon. Still too cold here in Bend, Oregon.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #28
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serv523 View Post
I am considering trading my 2008 Winnebago View on a new Solera. One thing that we use in the View all the time is an electrical outlet (110v) at the dinette booth. This is extremely useful for using my laptop (I use this unit for business as well as pleasure). There appears to be no outlet in the dinette area. Could one be supplied or has anyone added one later. Would it be very difficult. Seems as though an outlet in this area would be a no brainer.
There should be an outlet in the dinette area in the 24S. If not it shouldn't be that difficult to accommodate the request.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #29

Outlet near dinnette

If there is one there, we have not seen it. On our view it is located just above the rear dinette seat and actually has a 110v outlet as well as a 12 v similar to a cigarette lighter. Very handy for working with my computer. If this could be added before production - that would be great. It should be a standard place for an outlet because lots of people sit in the dinette area and work on computers and other devices which need power.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #30

On the Solera there is an outlet above the drivers seat up by the window by the overhead bunk. The only way to see it is with the slide out. We've used that one to plug in the phone.

Tags
snow, winter