Old 10-22-2015, 04:49 PM   #11

I agree any dealer who says that has his head in the sand and is dangerous. On our 2500TS all I did was to remove the two filters the one with the screen on the pump and the big one for the water filter. I found that there was a check valve for the city connection. You have to take out the little screen and stick your finger in there and it releases the pressure and the little bit of water that is in the line simply goes down to the fresh water tank then onto the ground. There is no check valve on the black water flush. All the rest was just to pump all the lines with the RV antifreeze until you see pink on each of the taps/ toilet/shower and outside shower. . Enough comes out to do the taps / traps and into the grey and black tanks, which were already drained anyway..

Brandon2
2500TS
2014 Sunseeker

Old 10-22-2015, 04:53 PM   #12

The dealer that told you that is dangerous. Anyway watch the city water inlet. It has a check valve. So pull out the screen and push your finger in there and you will release the pressure and the water in the line simply drains back into the fresh water tank and then on to the ground. There was no check valve on the black tank flush.

Brandon2
2014 2500TS
Sunseeker.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:16 PM   #13

dealer

I am in Canada , this dealer is in Alberta.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:23 PM   #14

Since that is the case, I will say that dealer has his head in the snow!

(Sold the Vibe 6506)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:56 PM   #15

Winterizing

We have a 2014 Sunseeker 2500 TS with similar floor plan. Our pump is located in the second from the rear basement compartment on the passenger side. It is behind an access panel. I have traced the lines and ours does not have a 3-way valve for winterizing. This 3-way should be located above the domed sediment filter at the water pump. The filter is on the "in" flow side. I am re-configuring the fittings because there is only 7" from the supply tee to the water pump fitting with the filter in between. It can be done.

Also check to the right of the pump for another blue (cold) line that has a drain valve for the water tank. Open this valve to drain the fresh water tank. Underneath the camper, in the same area, you should see a blue line with no end fitting and a red line with a cap. Remove the red line cap to drain the hot water side. If you have drained the water heater, not much will come out of this line.The blue line is the end of the fresh water tank drain. The "whole house" filter is also in the same area as the water pump and should be emptied and removed.

It does have a hot water heater bypass. This is accessible from inside the camper. Under the sink cabinet is a small square panel inset secured by 4 screws. Remove the screw from each corner and very carefully dislodge the insert from the cabinet. I will probably put a small knob on this panel to make it easier to remove next time.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod2Vibe View Post
Since that is the case, I will say that dealer has his head in the snow!
Or maybe he needs a glass belly,,,
So he can see where he is going ???
Old 10-24-2015, 11:21 AM   #17

On the I net there are quite a few videos about how to do that and save yourself a bunch it's not hard to do just takes a little time

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #18

Sounds like that dealer just wants the business to be able to winterize

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-30-2015, 12:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeboone View Post
When removing the water filter do you spill any water from the filter and housing or is there not much water that is retained in the filter? I ask because on my S floor plan the filter is located under the rear bed and above an area I would not want to spill water.

!

I was worried about this too - it looks like a mess waiting to happen. But it came right out with no spills. I had to hand carve out some spray foam that got around it - only enough to get the remover on it (a white plastic thing with a handle and large open hole that is probably in a kitchen cupboard) and to be able to get the water container out.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:04 AM   #20

Thanks for the update! So that's what that white tool is for... I thought it might have been for an oil filter or something. Good to know.

Tags
sunseeker, winter, winterize