Old 10-30-2015, 12:15 AM   #21

Officially called a do-hickey! ;-)

Old 10-30-2015, 12:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Officially called a do-hickey! ;-)

Old 11-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #23

We recently purchased a 24R that was one year old. I searched this forum but did not find an answer to this question. The water filter of course must be emptied before winter freeze, but if I use the winterization hose to draw RV antifreeze into the plumbing, will it fill the filter assembly ? If so, how do I avoid pumping it full of antifreeze ?
Old 11-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
We recently purchased a 24R that was one year old. I searched this forum but did not find an answer to this question. The water filter of course must be emptied before winter freeze, but if I use the winterization hose to draw RV antifreeze into the plumbing, will it fill the filter assembly ? If so, how do I avoid pumping it full of antifreeze ?
You plan to remove filter first ,,, right ???
Why would you not want the canister to be full of antifreeze ???
Old 11-02-2015, 10:36 AM   #25

Quote:
If so, how do I avoid pumping it full of antifreeze ?
Put an empty soda bottle, or ping pong balls, in the filter canister to minimize the amount of antifreeze it will hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Why would you not want the canister to be full of antifreeze ???
It wouldn't hurt anything but is a waste of expensive antifreeze to totally fill up the canister...

RedLdr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #26

Winterization

Quote:
Winterizing with anifreeze through the pump does not fill the city water "whole house" filter. If you have drained the system and the whole house filter housing is empty, you should be safe. However, make sure the pre-pump sediment filter is either empty of water or has antifreeze in it.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:47 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
Winterizing with anifreeze through the pump does not fill the city water "whole house" filter. If you have drained the system and the whole house filter housing is empty, you should be safe. However, make sure the pre-pump sediment filter is either empty of water or has antifreeze in it.
This is incorrect. The whole house filter on the Solera (located under the bed in the 24R) is installed after the pump - it filters water from both the city water inlet and from the pump. Drawing antifreeze with the pump will fill the filter assembly.

Dave
Old 11-02-2015, 11:04 AM   #28

Retraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
It was late last evening when I finished making modifications and winterizing for the first time. in reviewing the pictures i took of the modifications, I saw that the whole house filter was full of antifreeze. It still took less than 3 gallons.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:32 AM   #29

All great comments.
Here is the best of what I heard --
1. fill canister full of pingpong balls or something to take up room -- why waste antifreeze.
2. Remember to empty pre-pump sediment filter -- I would have missed that one, as I have never had a trailer with that.

Thanks ! I will be doing it as early as tonight.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #30

Quote:

Yes, it will, and no, you don't. Remove the filter for winterization. You will empty and flush it out in the spring. Antifreeze is cheap insurance.

Tags
sunseeker, winter, winterize