Old 10-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #11

Wow, wouldn't it be nice if for the $45,000 paid for some of these units that FR cold have a manual that was NOT such garbage... no mention of it anywhere in my manual. that folks is a joke...
Have to go to third party site to find answer....

Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #12
GM

I'm not trying to be dismissive, but I paid a lot more for my house and it did not come with a manual. Yes...an RV is not like a house, but it is also not like a car either. It is somewhere in the middle. If we built each model 100,000 times and very little changed a manual would be easy. But each floor plan can be very different and we don't build near the quantity of each one to cost effectively provide a manual for each unit. In addition, the manual would be incorrect within 60 days of producing it. For my division (Class C motorized and that is the sub forum we are in so I can't speak for others) I am adding and changing items all the time. That is why I am here on this forum to provide some specific info, that is why we have created an online site for manuals that will be easier to update and maintain over printed materials.
Download your Forest River, Inc., mobile app or visit our dynamic online manuals to enhance your ownership experience. These interactive options provide incredible ease and insight into use, maintenance and enjoyment of your Forest River product.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #13

Winterize Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 hole View Post
Wow, wouldn't it be nice if for the $45,000 paid for some of these units that FR cold have a manual that was NOT such garbage... no mention of it anywhere in my manual. that folks is a joke...
Have to go to third party site to find answer....

Not meaning to be offensive but I don't understand why when someone buys a RV they expect to have a manual that explains every possible procedure you can do. I bought a $60,000.00 pickup and the manual didn't explain how to do a brake job. I have a box full of data sheets on every appliance in my unit which shows it operation. Most procedures are simple once you know how to do them. Do we really need a section on hooking up a sewer hose and pulling a lever? Do it once and problem solved. This forum is better than any manual available. Sorry for the rant.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'm not trying to be dismissive, but I paid a lot more for my house and it did not come with a manual. Yes...an RV is not like a house, but it is also not like a car either. It is somewhere in the middle. If we built each model 100,000 times and very little changed a manual would be easy. But each floor plan can be very different and we don't build near the quantity of each one to cost effectively provide a manual for each unit. In addition, the manual would be incorrect within 60 days of producing it. For my division (Class C motorized and that is the sub forum we are in so I can't speak for others) I am adding and changing items all the time. That is why I am here on this forum to provide some specific info, that is why we have created an online site for manuals that will be easier to update and maintain over printed materials.
Download your Forest River, Inc., mobile app or visit our dynamic online manuals to enhance your ownership experience. These interactive options provide incredible ease and insight into use, maintenance and enjoyment of your Forest River product.

Thanks for the information on the manuals. There is an issue with the download in that it is in the US App Store only which can frustrate Canadian users. Could it also be in the Canadian App Store ?
Old 10-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #15
GM

I have no control over the app...I'm sure they will add it to the Canadian app store eventually. In the meantime you can just use the online version instead of the app.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 10-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #16
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwedell View Post
Not meaning to be offensive
And don't forget...you can be offensive as long as you say "No Offense, but..."

You can also use "With all due respect.." Just ask Ricky Bobby in Talladega nights. It's in the Geneva Convention.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:05 PM   #17

Just going to add that I do not expect a great detailed owners manual but out of the 10 or so rv's I have owned the one with my Solera was the worst for information. I still love my Solera and rely on my past experience and now that we have thes great sites that help. Just wondering how you winterize black wash system. Think I will just blow air through the system.
Thank You
BadBob
Old 10-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwedell View Post
Not meaning to be offensive but I don't understand why when someone buys a RV they expect to have a manual that explains every possible procedure you can do. I bought a $60,000.00 pickup and the manual didn't explain how to do a brake job. I have a box full of data sheets on every appliance in my unit which shows it operation. Most procedures are simple once you know how to do them. Do we really need a section on hooking up a sewer hose and pulling a lever? Do it once and problem solved. This forum is better than any manual available. Sorry for the rant.
"Not meaning to be offensive" I too have bought an expensive pickup truck and got a manual that explained the basic operation of its' features, the bells and whistles, troubleshooting, etc... and manages to cover all trim lines (yes in the same manual). I think IMO we are not asking for a shop manual (for things like a brake job) but for a manual that covers the basics like the winterizing switch for new owners (a free online model specific manual section in the Forest River official web site would be good as well and easier to update, never heard of the app that BC mentioned). The appliance manuals are great, somewhere in Montana my refrigerator would not work on propane, got the manual out, looked at the troubleshooting section, did the reset, problem fixed. So with all due respect...it would be nice to have something like that for the rest of the motorhome...don't you think? Did I cover the catch phrases to keep in the good graces with everyone?
Old 10-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #19

Getting back to the question Winterization. I did not know about the hose in the sewer compartment on the 24S. I finally looked today and sure enough there is a hose in there for the anti-freeze. It however is not clear it's the same hose as the rest of the pumping. Nice to know about it, now I can winterize using it instead of the old hand pump. :-}

hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize