Old 04-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #1

Winterize Switch

Hello,
I've gotten some really helpful hints on this forum and wanted to see if I could get one more. In the compartment where the City Water and Sewer hose get hooked up, there is a switch that can be turned to Winterize. Can someone explain how or what this switch does? I saw something about filling the water heater with white vinegar to break up the sediment. Can I accomplish this with this switch? Sorry for the naivety.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Switch should bypass the water heater so you can winterize.

TURBS

Sabre owners united!

Old 04-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
GLCM Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcblick View Post
Hello,
I've gotten some really helpful hints on this forum and wanted to see if I could get one more. In the compartment where the City Water and Sewer hose get hooked up, there is a switch that can be turned to Winterize. Can someone explain how or what this switch does? I saw something about filling the water heater with white vinegar to break up the sediment. Can I accomplish this with this switch? Sorry for the naivety.
I have two switches in my compartment - one labeled winterize and one labeled water heater bypass. The way I understand it, the winterize switch changes the input selection to the water pump from the fresh water tank to the antifreeze hose input.

I don't think I would use it to get vinegar into the water heater in my unit. I use a wand that goes up inside the water heater through the drain hole to flush sediment out of my water heater. Never considered adding vinegar...but maybe I could accomplish that using a hose end sprayer connected to the wand......might give it a try.
Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #4

LcBlick, I assume since you posted in the Solera, that is the unit your asking about. I have read this forum long before I registered and have noticed that when a specific question is asked, which requires specific knowledge (IMO), to point that original poster in the right direction, some jump in and offer their advice, which only confuses the questioner. Can the moderators try and politely remind everyone, that model specific questions, which are unique sometimes, is best served to be addressed by the people who own that unit.

Now, I can see that the OP did not specifically say what unit he was inquiring about. And, when people ass u me, thats what happens. So, since we are in a Solera forum thread, you need to assume that is what he is inquiring about, but not entirely sure. Is their help here from moderators, to try to politely steer this any better. Hope this was helpful.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #5

I am in fact talking about my 2013 Solera. Didn't think I needed to clarify that since it was posted in the Solera forum.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #6

Just trying to help, believe me I agree. But, I think others come in through the recent discussions and don't bother to realize some questions asked are owner specific.

So, the lever switches the intake to the coiled up hose in the lower shelf. In that sanitary compartment. You would place the hose in your RV antifreeze solution and use the onboard pump to pull the fluid through the system. There are several steps to follow, and it really is simple, after you read up on it. There is extensive information in the Solera, and on this FR forum, that you can use to help you understand your RV.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #7

Thank you. When you say coiled up hose, are you talking about the outdoor garden hose?
Old 04-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #8

If your referring to the coiled up slinky rinse hose, behind a seperate door, which some refer to as an "outside shower" No. Look to the back of the lower shelf beyond the black and grey water connections. Im referring to a Solera S model.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #9
GM

Yes..the coiled up blue hose is an outside shower. The hose he's referring to is really a coiled up clear tube. That allows you to put that in an antifreeze jug and use the RV pump to pull that through the system. Just make sure you have bypassed the water heater already, taken out the water filter (as others have said fill the space with an empty water bottle or ballon so you don't waste the antifreeze.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #10

I have a 2013 24R that I just love. Don't forget to winterize the black water tank cleaner like I did. Not sure what broke and how we are going to fix it, but I have water going ever where but the black water tank now!

Tags
winter, winterize