Old 09-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #1

wiring an external television connection

Has anyone ran a harness for adding an external television? I want a connection for air, cable and video output from the Magnadyne. The large rear compartment would be a good spot for a surface mount multiple connection plate. I am not sure of what type of video/audio output options I have for the Magnadyne. If anyone has done this, please provide pictures along with your information of your tap in points or connection type/spots.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
Coachmen Adrenaline

what yr and model of Solera is this? does it have booster plate by tv up front?

Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #3

another option

I have the 2013 24M with all options including front storage cabinets i/o bunk. To get higher resolution via hdmi output, i have opted to bring along my smart dvd player which can handle a larger hard drive input connection for digital media. I am going to store this and mount a flat screen swing arm in the large rear compartment while parked. The question that I have "is that a coax cable that I see through the inspection cap in the large rear passenger compartment (back wall) and can I tee into that for cable"? Also would this support air?

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
Coachmen Adrenaline

That one is for park cable. It will not provide antenna feed. The booster plate is up above the tv in cabinet to the left. That is where you would need to tap into for a second tv. You would actually be able to attach another coax cable directly on the booster, providing cable and antenna to another tv. It just might be a pain to get the coax down to storage area.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #5

wireless

I had considered putting in a demodulator and a/v wireless transmitter/receiver. It would be cleaner but my concern would be the lower video quality and of course the added price of around $150 for the kit on Ebay.