Old 01-13-2015, 08:15 PM   #11

Quote:
That makes sense but that is not what I'm reading in the FR Manual for Water System Winterization. After draining tanks, WH bypass valves, drain WH and removing filter, it states:
The owner manuals are generic and are not unit specific. That is why they recommended putting the antifreeze in FW tank and not using the winterizing valve.

caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #12
Rivnut

BE sure to support that FR1 water filter bowl with leverage to the up position when you put it back on and add pressure, if it's FR1 water filter, they blow off and flood the camper. Look for water filters in the forum.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #13

How about removing the drawer and adjusting the valves and then reinstalling the drawer. Lots easier than playing with those six screws.

Jim D.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:04 PM   #14

Valve question

I'm headed back to my summer home in Bend earlier this year and will need to winterize (cold nights in Bend). In addition to flipping the bypass valve in the outside compartment, do I turnoff the upper valve in this picture. . the one that goes to the red hose? Thanks.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:16 PM   #15

No picture!
Old 03-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #16

Valve question again

Yesterday I posted the following with what I thought was a photo. No photo. So I am trying again. Hopefully this works.

I'm headed back to my summer home in Bend earlier this year and will need to winterize (cold nights in Bend). In addition to flipping the bypass valve in the outside compartment, do I turnoff the upper valve in this picture. . the one that goes to the red hose? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hot Water Tank.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	71280  
Old 03-14-2015, 01:40 PM   #17

There are THREE (3) valves in with the water heater. Turn all three to their other positions. Winterize and then return them to their original positions, then you don't have to return to the water heater when you want to unwinterize. By the way, I see you removed that compartment cover. That's not necessary. Open the drawer all the way and then you can reach in and adjust the valves. Removing those six screws is a PITA.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:46 PM   #18

Jim ~ thanks for the info! I saw only two valves but now know to look for 3. And double thanks for telling me to remove the door vs. the panel.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #19

You don't even have to remove the drawer. Just pull it out till it stops and you can reach your hand/arm in back of the drawer and adjust the valves.

Jim D.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:51 PM   #20
GM

I just gave the go head to add a winterizing take up tube to all units. Should make things easier. Video coming soon...as soon as show season is over and I unbury myself.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize