Old 11-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #11
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrokhrt View Post
I don't know who Clemens is? Maybe FR rep? Anyway, your point is exactly what I said! If they just made a mistake then that is really the indication of really poor (or non existent) QC and of course FR workers total lack of pride in their work! If it wasn't a mistake then why all their paperwork named it as a Solera and not a Sunseeker?
As I understand it, he is a FR rep. He seems to be a straight shooter and tells it like it is.

I see you have made 4 posts here,so if I may suggest,do a search on this subject and you will find many posts about FR quality,both pro and con.

As far as the p/w issue,I haven't seen any and can't comment on what it saids. Perhaps Clemens can.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #12
Average Joe

Check this out. Sunseeker MBS: Solera or Sunseeker?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #13

Back to the Sunseeker labels...I should clarify my earlier post by adding that I have the full body paint option and the name is 'in the paint' along with the striping and swirls. I'm guessing yours has the standard exterior which would include decal logos and swirls.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:42 AM   #14
GM

Wow, a guy is away from the forum for a day and all hell breaks loose and our quality control goes in the toilet.

1. to address the original post. We are aware that the decals are incorrect. Correct ones are being sent (we have quite the skeptical bunch?). I hesitate to say this was an obvious mistake that indicates further problems, but simply confusion by the supplier and the decal installers. We are in fact phasing out the Solera but have not put a timetable on that. The decal supplier assumed incorrectly that the Solera name was done and stopped producing the graphics (unbeknownst to us). Units continued to get built, but we had no Solera logos to install so the units got produced without them. Units get put in our holding yard area awaiting parts shortages to come in and was noted as "missing logos". We got a batch of Sunseeker logos in and an installer decided to help out by finishing all the missing logos in the yard. We realized within a day what happened, but some units had already been shipped because everything else checked out (other than the missing logo which was now supposedly on). We still had to have the names produced which does take some time.

2. Yes we are phasing out Solera, but if you ordered a Solera that is what we would build you. We would not substitute a Sunseeker MBS. Your paperwork will reflect that.

3. Solera is not now a Sunseeker. The Solera name still exists, timetable for phase out has not been set in stone.

4. it's interesting all the theories and speculation that comes into play when I don't respond immediately. I PROMISE that I will never speculate or assume how another member may respond, all I ask is that I get the same in return.

5. I try and get on here just about every day...but with my travel schedule sometimes that is not always the case. Please be patient, I will be on. If I ever leave this position I promise I will post on each sub-forum who (if anyone) you can expect to take my place.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #15

Thanks Brian, we do appreciate your input on this forum and know that we can trust the facts to come out. Have a good day.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #16

WOW! Thank you Clemens, I really appreciate your response since you are with FR and know what's going on at the factory; I don't!
This is our first motor home and we wanted a FR because of good reviews compared to all others. Anyway, after a long wait (placed or order with navigation system and diesel generator with a deposit at our dealer, Tampa RV) we got the call and go to check it out and first thing we notice is the wrong external name! Now put yourself in our place and what would you think about that at least it is rather goofy and at worst lack of QC; right?
As I said in my original post, the name is just the silly part what concerns me is that if such an obvious thing is ignored what other things may be done not as planned and ordered.

Yes you are correct: I am very skeptical indeed .

Glad you are aware of this issue and be happy to get the right logo on the RV to match its paperwork.

My wife and I really like our Solera , it is beautiful and compared to other brands it is really a superior quality in material used to build it. It rides great; again compared to other RVs we tried.

Are you phasing out the model with Mercedes chassis (24R) or just retiring the name Solera and calling all of them Sunseeker?

So, I'll update this post when we get the right logo.

Thanks to everyone that responded to my post.

Best Regards,

Farrokh and Mayra
Old 11-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #17

Mr. Clemens is absolutely amazing! Questions, concerns or problems with a dealer he has your back.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #18
GM

Not phasing the model out, just trying to simplify our lineup.

Instead of a dealer signing up with 3 different brands just to get a full lineup of Class C's (C's, B+, Sprinter). They just need to sign up with ONE brand that covers all (3).

It also prevents one dealer having this, dealer down the street having that and yet another dealer having the 3rd. As we have seen on this forum...one customer might be looking at all three models and frankly we'd like to have them be able to compare them all under one roof.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #19
Site Team

Human error can account for many issues in life. How the matter is handled after wards can often be more important to me. My hat is off to bclemens for investing time here on the forum.

I also understand how a new owner would be concerned over a decal and might wonder what else could be wrong. Based on what I have read here on FRF in time most worries, if not all, are put to rest.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #20

Well it's been two months now and no word from dealer about this. Will call the dealer but have no faith in them - they got their money!

Tags
solera