Old 11-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #1

Unhappy Wrong decals on new 2015 Solera

We just picked up our brand new Solera from Tampa RV that has the wrong decals (Sunseeker instead of Solera) on all sides!

Dealer indicates that they have contacted Forest River and they will send the correct decals when they have them available.

I hope they are right because this is rather annoying and makes me wonder about Forest River's lack of quality control. If they missed such an obvious mistake, what else may be wrong with this unit that is not so obvious. I'm not sure if FR reads these posts or not but if they do, I would love to hear from them.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #2

I would consider it a one of a kind "collectible" item?

Old 11-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #3

From what I understand they are phasing the Solera out in place of a new brand of Sunseeker. That maybe what you got?
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #4

I have a Sunseeker MBS. aka Solera. aka Forester MBS. All "Sunseeker" logos on front/back/sides are silkscreened into the paint. They're not stickers or decals.

This is gonna be a good thread. I can't wait to see what kind of responses OP will get!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #5
Average Joe

I also heard that the new Solera is now a Sunseeker. The Solera name is no longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
From what I understand they are phasing the Solera out in place of a new brand of Sunseeker. That maybe what you got?
Interesting but dealer told us that is was a mistake and that they have asked for the correct decals (or as someone mentioned silkscreened - but they sure look like ordinary decals including bubbles underneath!)

Anyway, we'll see. Like I said, it's annoying.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #7

Would be interesting to have Clemens jump in on this.
hkreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #8
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Would be interesting to have Clemens jump in on this.
I'm waiting to hear from Clemens on this also - I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt on this until he climes in. He may claim the "The manufacturer may make last minute changes..."clause.

But if it truly is a mistake.then to me that's about the same as buying a Cadillac and the factory putting Chevrolet insignia on it.

I have stated my views on FR Quality Control (or lack of) here before and won't repeat them,but if it is a mistake,then one truly has to wonder what else is wrong or just a mistake.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
I'm waiting to hear from Clemens on this also - I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt on this until he climes in. He may claim the "The manufacturer may make last minute changes..."clause.

But if it truly is a mistake.then to me that's about the same as buying a Cadillac and the factory putting Chevrolet insignia on it.

I have stated my views on FR Quality Control (or lack of) here before and won't repeat them,but if it is a mistake,then one truly has to wonder what else is wrong or just a mistake.
I don't know who Clemens is? Maybe FR rep? Anyway, your point is exactly what I said! If they just made a mistake then that is really the indication of really poor (or non existent) QC and of course FR workers total lack of pride in their work! If it wasn't a mistake then why all their paperwork named it as a Solera and not a Sunseeker?
Old 11-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #10

I'd guess that the dealer doesn't know what's going on. My experience from this forum is that the people here are the most knowledgeable people regarding these products especially the factory rep. When shopping for my unit the local dealer (salesman) didn't know a 10th as much information as to what's available on this forum. Most customers trust the dealer to steer them in the right direction and I'm sure some dealers do an excellent job. I trust the dealer and the mfg.will make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

The Peterson Family
Southeast Louisiana
2015 Solera 24R

Living our dreams one day at a time!
Ecopco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solera