Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2018, 06:25 PM   #21

My previous camper had a screened vent like the previous posted photo however it was not connected to anything. That made it difficult to fill just like the OP's. I drained it and never used it.
2000 F250 CC SD V10 4X4 8' bed, 4:30 gears, SCT X3
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 - Lots of GT mods
1965 Mustang Coupe I6, 3 spd. manual
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Funeral Car (Ghostbusters ECTO)
kc5mhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:44 PM   #22
NH Maple Maker

My 2014 V-Cross Vibe has a hose connection for the FW tank on the back of the camper that is the same as the city water and black tank hose connections. It isn't the vented type like the one pictured a couple of post back. My tank has a vent hose that comes out of the top of it. If the OP's trailer is like mine the tank isn't vented at the fill connection.

2014 V Cross VIBE 822VRBS

2017 Silverado 1500 crew cab 4x4
russhd1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:42 PM   #23

Fresh Water Tank Not Vented

Ray, my tank has a vent. I purchased a 2014 6504 this year and had problems with the fresh water tank suction line to the pump. The line was drooping from the front center of the tank to the rear corner on the drivers side where it went up through the floor. Because the line was not supported just hanging the line kinked and the pump could not pick up water. When I winterized I took out the drain plug which was at the side of the tank but there was still water in the tank so I disconnected the kinked line and more water came out so I swapped the water pickup for the tank drain line. I've had many other problems with the trailer, a lot more than you would expect. I feel as though the quality control was none existent at the factory. Loose wires, roof air just sitting there with bolts finger tight, clearance light never installed and so on.
I have a bunk that is made from unfinished Aspenite and the cut along the wall is not very straight and I wondered if yours is the same?
Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excella View Post
Ray, my tank has a vent. I purchased a 2014 6504 this year and had problems with the fresh water tank suction line to the pump. The line was drooping from the front center of the tank to the rear corner on the drivers side where it went up through the floor. Because the line was not supported just hanging the line kinked and the pump could not pick up water. When I winterized I took out the drain plug which was at the side of the tank but there was still water in the tank so I disconnected the kinked line and more water came out so I swapped the water pickup for the tank drain line. I've had many other problems with the trailer, a lot more than you would expect. I feel as though the quality control was none existent at the factory. Loose wires, roof air just sitting there with bolts finger tight, clearance light never installed and so on.
I have a bunk that is made from unfinished Aspenite and the cut along the wall is not very straight and I wondered if yours is the same?
The OP hasn't been here for over a year! One year old thread.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6504, tank, water, water tank